ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#632396 - 03/11/07 04:11 PM Re: Dream trip results
carlynewlondon Offline

Loc: Home: Burlington, Boat: New Lo...
Great report. Can't wait for the season up here to get going.
Fishing Info
#632397 - 03/11/07 05:15 PM Re: Dream trip results
Bassarama Offline

I agree great report.

Some one is having lots of fun down South! One of these days Capt, one of these days!
#632398 - 03/11/07 11:04 PM Re: Dream trip results
lawman Offline

Great job Adam!!!! Hope you and your dad had a great time!

Capt. Robert Motel OUPV-Six Pack

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams
...it's Heaven and Hell.
Black Sabbath
#632399 - 03/11/07 11:05 PM Re: Dream trip results
Capt Mike Offline

Loc: Clinton CT / MHC NC
Sounds like a great time. Its always good to fish new places and to learn new tricks so you can apply them at home.

Catch'em Up
Capt. Mike

www.bluefincharters.com
Become a fan of "Bluefin Charters" on facebook
#632400 - 03/12/07 09:45 AM Re: Dream trip results
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Hoop,

That Glacier Bay moves right along. What RPM's are you running to get 32 mph??

Nice group of fish you have on the pegs

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#632401 - 03/12/07 10:47 AM Re: Dream trip results
Major Woods Offline

Great report, thanks for taking the time to put it up for us.
#632402 - 03/12/07 01:42 PM Re: Dream trip results
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
Posted 3-10 at 11:07 continued :rolleyes: Sorry but I fell asleep at the computer.

As we were trying our best to get the busting tuna to hit our poppers, our baited line starts screaming. Bobbie gets on it and after a nice battle we have the skunk off the boat. Note the color in fishingfinatic's picture of Bobbie and I with the yellowfin posted on page one. Smiles all around and our expectations pick up. Unfortunately the seas were also picking up and the fish got lock jaw.

Tim had mentioned he wanted to road test the Glacier Bay Canyon Runner and he had a great chance to do just that. I showed him that in a rough head sea the boat will occasionally take a wave over the bow when the boat is going slow or at a dead stop but that is another story. Still looking for something with conditions edging rougher and Scupmaster starting to green up around the gills I make the decision to move in closer and try for a wahoo or maybe jig up an amberjack. Scupmaster may change his handle to jigmaster because he managed to get on a fish with the jig rod. The fish gets into the rig and I have to take the rod from him and finesse the fish out from the structure and barnacles. We were extremely lucky to land that fish because the barnacles cut the 80 pound mono to about a thread. If you look at the picture of him with the grouper you will notice some of the fraying as the line goes across his slicker strap. We finished the day with only a barracuda, a yellowfin, and a scamp grouper.

I had to fish the next day with a film crew from the food network so Tim stayed with me and helped me clean up the boat. He was a great help to me and Bobbie has no trouble handling the boat and the associated duties. This was a wonderful 2 days with a great bunch and so many pleasant memories. Unfortunatly I could not spend any time showing them around the area and each day we came in it was time to clean up, eat and go to bed. My days are long to say the least. Scupmaster loves the Sunfish in my pond.

Life is Good!

\:D

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
#632403 - 03/12/07 05:51 PM Re: Dream trip results
Scupmaster Offline

This was one great trip, I can tell you that those were 2 days ill never forget. The tuna sure can fight! It was great to watch them slam those top water poppers and see thousands of them jumping out of the water (bigger than any bluefish blitz)

Hoop is one guy that could put almost anyone onto fish under any conditions. There was always something to do, whether it was jigging, chunking, or casting for tuna. Then, at the end of the day we came back to a freshly prepared meal by Mrs Hoop and talk about the day (by the way, Mrs Hoops stories are halarious) . We were also given the chance to meet 2 great people, Tim and Bobbie.

kind people, great meals...but most importantly....LOTS OF TUNA!!!!

as Hoop would say,

LIFE IS GOOD! \:D \:D

PS: i think I found my new 07 fishing hat \:\)

-Adam
-----------------------------------
If people concentrated on the
really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish? ~William Sherwood Fox,

#632404 - 03/12/07 06:39 PM Re: Dream trip results
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're spoiled now Adam! \:\)
#632405 - 03/12/07 08:15 PM Re: Dream trip results
aNgLeR**J**8875 Offline

great report adam, good fish but I'm glad ur home ..........this weekend was so BORING!!!!

Jere
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Editors 

Active Topics