ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#675118 - 07/15/06 02:04 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
AnglerChickSix Offline

If another club is coming off the water the same time yours is, they probably are not permitted to do so. But I.F. do not know about any problems until it is brought to their attention. If someone were to call saying that another tournament came off the lake at the wrong time coinciding with their tourney which caused all kinds of problems, the tourney director would get a call asking never to do that again. For non-tourney boaters, that's a different situation. I will pass the suggestion up the line, I don't think it's a bad idea. Especially if it would make it easier for the tourney participants. For the tourney at Lattins last year, Bill Foreman specifically schedules tourneys to have differing weigh in times to prevent those exact problems. If there were three tourneys weighing in at the same time, then two of them were not supposed to be. In that case, if it was brought to the attention of Inland Fisheries, whoever was in the wrong would have been confronted. As far as I know, there were no tourneys going on at Lake Housatonic on the Forth of July. In my opinion, it violated the rights of anglers. From what you describe, they should have been given tickets and their cars towed. Why they were not, I have no idea. I would say that formal complaints should be filed with Boating. I don't think it's ok to violate that rights of anybody, even if it would cause havoc. I think morons that park like that should be ticketed and towed. There's really nothing that Inland Fisheries can do about that. Unless any problems are brought to the attention of Inland Fisheries, they don't know that they are happening. You say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, well if there are legitimate problems, call and report them. If nothing was done about the idiot-parking on the forth, I would report it to Boating. I have never seen anyone at Inland Fisheries take the past of least resistance. Myself and the people around me absolutely do not. If everyone could see the time and effort that is put into trying to solve every problem, you'd think differently, at least about Inland Fisheries.

AC6: Boycotting Michael McDonald since 2003
Fishing Info
#675119 - 07/28/06 05:54 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
Get'R Done Offline

Loc: Bagram, Afghanistan
I believe there is a Boating Advisory meeting in Old Lyme on August 2nd. All concerned might think about attending.
#675120 - 08/01/06 11:46 AM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
Get'R Done Offline

Loc: Bagram, Afghanistan
If you have concerns, you should try to attend.

The Boating Advisory Meeting will be Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 7:30PM at the DEP Marine Headquarters Library. The addess is 333 Ferry Road Old Lyme.
#675121 - 08/08/06 08:03 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
JerryinCt Offline

Loc: Norwich CT
I missed it. Sorry. How bout a 300 boat parade around the Capital in Hartford. Can you imagine over 300 boats as well as a last minute news crew. You think that squeak would be heard? We could have someone speak on behalf of the group saying bass fishing is a growing sport and that the state recieves a nice $$ from our purchases etc. We should be accomadated as well as the general public.I don't have no axe to grind with jetskiers and waterskiers. I go to launches and watch people who genuinely struggle with launching a boat. Bass boats with 2 people working together can be launched and recovered in no time flat. So what does this boil down to parking or silencing squeaky wheels? As far as policing our own I think it's all common sense. Some people have it and some don't. Just have to help the ones that don't a bit better. Any thoughts on this? I do appreciate Mr. Foreman's efforts to the tournie fisherman in this state. We all have to work together to stop this pendulum from swinging so much against us.

If I fish more I need more lures. If I had more lures I would fish more. I don't think I'm addicted do you?
#675122 - 08/09/06 12:45 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusty:
A guy came down a pitched a fit after he waited probably 30 minutes to simply put his boat in.
30 minute wait to trailer what ...12 bass boats... they made pretty good time I'd say. Joe Public couldn't trailer 12 boats that fast. The guy probably made up the other junk about trucks blocking everything.

I get the entire 1/2 the capacity of the parking lot rule - but I think our state launch parking lots should all have been bigger and I have to assume that they are intentionally kept small due to lake resident pressure. Look at the Bantum launch for example - they gotta be kidding me with that thing.

Were not getting a fair shake in CT.

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#675123 - 08/11/06 12:28 AM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
buckcall Offline

If the dep didn't have to give out so many out of state permits. This might not even be an issue. I'm sure most of the complants are from candlewood.Seeing as there is one at both launches almost every week from day one until seasons close.

The main problemn is this state su-ks!!!!! and so do the peolpe that run it!!!!!

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt
#675124 - 08/15/06 02:48 AM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
AnglerChickSix Offline

HAHAAAAAAHAAAA
haaaaahahahahahahaa! Hey Buckcall, maybe if you'd learn how to spell, things wouldn't suck as much. Just Kidding. I just want to fish, BUT I CAN'T CUZ I'M STUCK LATE AT WORK EVERY NIGHT FIXING TOURNEY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!! OK I'm exaggerating....but seriously - I just want to fish, I don't think I've touched ANY plastics this year. I think I'm sleep deprived but I'd still rather be mud poutin by an open fire right now.

AC6: Boycotting Michael McDonald since 2003
#675125 - 08/15/06 04:39 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
no walt...wait 30 minutes for people to move their PARKED boats, that were already trailered...people jsut decided that parking on the launch was acceptable

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
#675126 - 09/03/06 09:52 AM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
Brian Ashbee Offline

I truly enjoyed tourny fishing, however I have gievn up because too many bodies of water have been shut out to our club. I tried to encourage the club to form smaller divisions to open our opprotunities. The club declined that idea. I have since joined TU, and now fish for Bluegill with my 6 year old son. the time is better spent and I have more fun. I have also expanded my fishing options.
#675127 - 09/08/06 01:26 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
BASSMANinCT Offline

I'm joining the thread late, but I have my two cents worth:

WHY DO WE HAVE A PERMIT STRUCTURE IN PLACE ANYWAY?

It is my belief that the reason is simple: The state has a group to blame in the event of trouble, or complaints by anyone in the public.

No money is collected by the permit issuers for the permits, money is not the reason tournaments are required.

Any GUN OWNER knows that the reason they have to get a gun permit is so that there is accountability records for any illegal activity relating to a gun's use. Makes sense.

But with permits for fishing tournament is the same thing. There has to be someone accountable to issues, and complaints. With the tournament permits, the process creates a group that they can go after when issues arise.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Active Topics