ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#675128 - 09/09/06 04:13 AM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
AnglerChickSix Offline

Well, see here's the thing: If there were no tourney permits, several clubs could show up at the same lake and launch hoping and expecting to launch at 7:00 am (for example). This would cause nothing but havoc! Clubs wanting to launch ASAP would have to wait much later than they would want to.

Also, a tournament is only allowed to use 50% of the parking capacity, for reasons that protect the rights of the public (including you and I). I don't know about you, but I'm not fishing a tourney EVERY time I go fishing. So if I travel 25 miles to get to a spot, and see that there is absolutely no parking and an hour wait for the launch- I'm not going to be very happy. Permits are implemented for the rights of EVERYONE: Clubs, the public, the town, etc. The DEP really does have the rights of everyone in mind, believe it or not.

AC6: Boycotting Michael McDonald since 2003
Fishing Info
#675129 - 01/16/07 12:35 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

I am not sticking up for the DEP but I can understand where they are comming from . When I have worked with Bill Foreman he has always helped me out in everyway he could to expand the number of boats . And like someone here said I have used alt parking away from the launch area . Another thing I agree with here is the statement Chris made about people powering their boats on the trailor . PUT THE DAM TRAILOR A LITTLE FARTHER IN THE WATER . We all know that the state is not going to fix the muck buildup that this causes and all it is doing is making it tough for a lot of people to launch . Again just my 2 cents

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#675130 - 03/06/07 02:30 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
DStu22 Offline

"When it comes to the issues -- whether it's fisheries management, tournaments, regulations, etc. -- we've been a lazy group. We haven't spoken up" (Mitch P).

You are right Mitch, as fishermen we need to advocate for ourselves!

I have read a lot of good points made in this thread, but if we want to get the DEP and state reps on our side we need to support them and their efforts. One way to do this is to police ourselves as was mentioned earlier, but to also assist the DEP in conservation efforts such as lake cleanups and youth fishing programs.

If we assist with youth fishing derbies, Casting Kids, C.A.R.E. (CT. Aquatic Research Education) programs, urban youth fishing programs, etc. we would do a lot to improve our image with the DEP and state reps (Gov. Rell). This would give us much more leverage than we currently have when we voice our concerns with state reps for our rights as fishermen.
#675131 - 03/24/07 04:38 PM Re: Tournament Fishing in CT: Act now or sit home and only watch them on TV
tfitzgerald Offline

to anyone who can answer: We are interested in signing up for various tourneys this year in Ct. for fresh water fishing. Please post any information that would be helpful in contact, requirements, fees, and any other information that would help. Thankyou, TFitzgerald.
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Active Topics