ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#779240 - 09/12/06 11:16 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting......
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
I was fishing yesterday but at 8:56 central time I paused for a moment to reflect that day and the loss of lives that were needlessly removed. I am wearing a 911 braclet that bears the name of FF Carl Asaro FDNY battalion 9. I will be burried with it. His remains were found 40 feet under ground below tower #2. He was 1 of 7 from huis battalion that were lost. I had some information and a picture of him in my firefighter room but all that went with Katrina. As stated the bracelet will go with me.

I told Jo-Ann that fatal day that the air was poison and several others would die. 343 from that day as well as other heros. The sad fact is they are still dieing from that fatal day.

We will never forget our fallen brothers. God bless thier families and give them the strength that was shown by thier lost loved ones.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#779241 - 09/14/06 09:25 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting......
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Live Free or Die.
I will never forget that Day for as Long as I live.
The Day the USA Stood Still.
I called all my family members to tell them
I Love them.
I was sure the Nuclear Plant's were next.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#806888 - 09/10/03 04:40 PM 9/11 Too Much Horror
Tackleman Offline

Loc: Suffield/Niantic, CT
I don't mean to be a downer around here but I've got to find out how others feel. I watched detailed documentary shows the last couple nights, on the events of 2 years ago. The Towers and the Pentagon specifically. I honestly feel like it's my responsibility to honor those poor people by allowing myself to relive that incredible tragedy over again. Mostly because I don't think it's right trying to forget or avoid what happened.

But, the horror for me is still overwhelming. I can't shake it. I've been looking at my calendar everyday since Sept 1 and thinking about how all of those people died that day AT WORK. How so many tried to help others and paid for it with their lives. I'm still crushed..... I don't know if I'll ever get over this.

Do any of you still feel as caught up in this as I do??

Pat

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!

#806889 - 09/10/03 04:52 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Hey Tack, Liz's folks are flying out to Slovakia that day, the devistation & damage is done, it's good to see folks move on.
I for one, still get pissed when I have to make the drive by the skyline, still looks like something's missing. Can't get used to it, don't think I ever will.
#806890 - 09/10/03 05:00 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
Tackleman Offline

Loc: Suffield/Niantic, CT
Your right Bryan. Gotta move on... That's what bothers me so much. When it comes to this, it doesn't seem right to me to move on yet.

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!

#806891 - 09/10/03 05:09 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

I hear ya man.
#806892 - 09/10/03 05:18 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a difference between moving on with life and forgetting. We must NEVER forget, but we MUST move on.

Thoughts and Prayers are with the families, friends and victims themselves.

God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#806893 - 09/10/03 05:25 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
gombi Offline

sometimes I think you have to look at things in a different way what would happen if both plane's had hit at the same time on the 20th floor thousands more would have died, maybe it took this event to wake up this country that you cannot negotiate with these kinds of people if you want your children and grandchildren to survive you have to kill them all, And do whatever it takes to get it done.that does not mean you forget the people lost that lives and are losing them now.
#806894 - 09/10/03 05:27 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
jeffh Offline

your not alone Tman. I have not seen any documentary this year but that days is so vivid in my mind . I had to work in R.I that day and we had CNN on the t.v and they said that one of the towers was on fire and it may have been a plane that crashed. i called my wife and she was wathing it also and i said how could it be a plane thats a restricted air space then the 2nd plane came into view and i said now what is this ahole doing and then....still make me nausea. and watching the whole day transpire live on TV. a sad day and it still make my blood boil. I know I will never forget.
#806895 - 09/10/03 05:33 PM Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
What horrifies me the most are the scenes of those jumping to their deaths to avoid the fires.

There are photos of some holding hands and jumping.

For most of us here, this was the defining moment of our generation. We must always remember that this happened, and do our part, as small as it can be, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I am grateful that our President has taken this to task as his #1 priority.

John

Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics