ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#955 - 05/24/06 04:57 AM Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Jack Offline

zach and I were finally able 2 put a walleye in the boat. I managed a 20incher. fun had by all at the outing. most boats seemed to manage atleast 1 in the boat except pdona and jon a. don't worry I let jon reel mine in. lol. post more tommorow still got another hour b4 we're home.

Addicted to Kings!!! See you up in Lake O.

Fishing Info
#956 - 05/24/06 09:33 AM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
ME_fisherman Offline

Loc: Derby, CT
Sweet!

Third try turned out to be the charm for me. Finally boated my first Walleye ever last night at the outing just before it got pitch black.

Arrived at the outing a little later than I hoped for which meant a very short dinner and visit with some of the guys . . . it was a pleasure seeing a lot of you again and meeting some of you for the first time finally.

Went out Bass fishing for the first hour in the incredible winds. After having a streak of catching at least one bass for the first 12 or so trips of the season, I have been skunked three in a row now. But, Steve C was able to end his streak with a rare LMB that went about a 1 and a half pounds on a stick bait worm.

After that the wind started to lessen a little and we headed for a couple of humps to send out some live shiners. First cast was hammered by a small SMB before the bait could get to the end of slip bobber rig. Wasn't targeting it so I couldn't count it. Steve and I both missed nice hits and then I boated my first Walleye and it proved to be a keeper by a hair.

Shortly after I got a 5" rock bass that completely swallowed the 3" shiner and hook. Those little critters are agressive as you'll hear about later.

Then we tried trolling. Headed North up along the Eastern shore with only one tap and one lost lure. We found a spot where the alewives were thick, but didn't mark many fish below them so we trolled back down. Just as Steve's lure came up on a ledge it was hit. WHAT A FIGHT! This SMB jumped in the air 2 feet vertically and 6 feet horizontally just as I got the spot light to see if he snagged something. After many more airial displays he landed this 2lb 7oz Smallie.

Just after coming up another ledge I got another 5" rock bass on a 3 1/2" tail dancer. Anchored for a short time by the humps again, but the wind kicked up and it got cold and late so we left.

Great night, great food, great company . . . thanks for the blessings God!

Here Fishy Fishy!

MY BOAT!
#957 - 05/24/06 11:35 AM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
SteveC Offline

Congrats on the walleye Jack.

Nice trip Ryan, great time as usual. I was really looking forward to the outing since I have always wanted to do a night trip on Squantz. It was nice to meet some fellow CTFishermen too.

Steve

#958 - 05/24/06 11:50 AM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Jrukus203 Online   hypnotized

Loc: Danbury, ct
Great job guys! Congrats on your first eye. I think i was anchored right near you on the east shore. I lost an 18incher at the boat just as I was going to net him. A little later on I had another eye on but again just as it gets near the boat, it decided to tangle in my buddies anchor rope. \:o Ended the night with 2 ugly bullheads. Had alot of fun though. Nice finally meeting everyone.
#959 - 05/24/06 12:06 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
elcapitanmas Offline

Great outing, our boat had a 21" my pb in Ct, and tbones 22" both taken before the sun went down. Great group of fisherman, good to see everyone again, and meet all the new faces. Man that wind was tough going out, 1-2 ft waves. Then it died, and so did the bite. All in all a great trip, Man am I tired today. Im sure tbone will have some pics of our eyes, and Ill post mine later.
#960 - 05/24/06 12:09 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Pistol Offline

BIG Yellow Broom Stick

Loc: South Reading, VT
Congrats on your 1st walleye!

Glad to hear eveyone had a good time!

I miss my Uncle Lewie....However;
I know he's with me on every fishing trip.

2009 CT Saltwater Angler of the Year ~> CT DEEP
1st Place 2009 Team Tuesday Fluke Off

My wife Claire with the Red hair is: A Flukin Princess
Get Outdoors and Enjoy Life!
Lifetime member of the NRA
#961 - 05/24/06 12:17 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Jack Offline

Pistol - Its my first walleye out of squantz.

Ethan - My head is about to hit my desk if i don't pay attention. Hit the pillow at 3am. Needless to say I don't think much work will get done today. Mashapaug tonight??? LOL. Nice job on Team Humpack.

Jon A thanks for driving. Zach thanks for the invite on Muskie Blues and Paul thanks for bringing your boat up too.

#962 - 05/24/06 12:17 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Is the official Squantz outing thread results ???

Great outing! I met at least 6-9 new faces!!!

Great talking with you guys

I managed 2 bullheads, no other bites.. Thanks to Jon for showing me the ropes of the " slip bobber "

He pulled out every tactic I've ever heard of for walleye, but no takers.. 150% effort!

I'm not giving up hope on that toilet, yet!! \:o \:o \:o

Ya ya ya ya, Jack, rub it in!
We trolled for trout with ALL of Jack's "trout" gear for about 6 miles and didn't even get a sniff, too \:D :p

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#963 - 05/24/06 12:19 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
csimone Offline
lastt call before fall

Loc: Danbury CT
that was a blast!
congrats on your eyes Jack!
we only had 1 eye, but I dont think we stopped laughing the entire night.
it was great to meet people, and great to see some old faces.
I beleive it was Buck who caught the big-un for the night 271/2". though, we didnt stick around to long to find out what everyone else had. we was gone by midnight.
#964 - 05/24/06 12:21 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Jack Offline

Paul, I know your boat catches Pike but I don't think it can catch walleye or trout.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Active Topics