ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#965 - 05/24/06 12:25 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Jack Offline

Nice meeting everyone. And seeing the fab two Chris and Chris again (for once off the ice). Nice job on the early walleye, Chris. By the way what the hell, you guys were having way too much fun, we could here you guys from 500 yards away. And Chris's

Quote:
gone by midnight.
And live 5 minutes away.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Addicted to Kings!!! See you up in Lake O.

Fishing Info
#967 - 05/24/06 12:43 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
JACK KILLS HIS SQUANTZ WALLEYE SKUNK!!! woohoo- nice to see a decent wally on board muskie blues finally!

the real "challenge" of this event was getting up for work the next day! haha

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#968 - 05/24/06 12:58 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
nels Offline

Loc: United States
I fished off the beach with a slip bobber and casting rapalas. I didn't catch a thing but another guy caught a 23in walleye right at dark. When the wind finally died down the alewives came into the beach. After getting no hits I decided to leave the shore and try it out in the kayak.

I made my way up the east with a minnow rig. I stopped at the rock island and fished before the beaver started tail slapping at me. So I paddled over to the west side made my way back to the landing. Marked some fish at the 15 foot in 30 fow by the beach though.

It was nice meeting every one.
#969 - 05/24/06 01:28 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
Buck Offline

Jon K and me started in the early afternoon in the wind and cold. It was miserable out there and the bite was off at that time with only a bunch of small to medium smallies for our efforts. At 5pm it was to the beach for the cook-out and an opportunity to see some old friends and meet some new faces. Apologies to those I didn't get to meet.
Then it was back out to a spot on the east side that was somewhat sheltered. Once the sun was behind the mountain we had a period of good action with Jon getting his first walleye ever. We put four walleye in the boat with one at 21", two at 23" or so and one nice one at 27 1/2" that weighed 7.4lbs on Nfish's digital scale back at the boat ramp. Nfish took a couple of pictures that may be good enough to post.
Always a nice outing and a lot of fun. Too bad the weather was so horrible.
#970 - 05/24/06 01:31 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
TBONE Offline

Jack make this the official Squantz Outing Thread. ;\)

Etahn and I did well very early on in the evening. We boated these 2 nice fish just as the sun was disapearing. This was my first time at Squantz and really enjoyed the outing. It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. Heres a couple Pics of our fish. Mine took the "Lunker Pool".

Ethans Wally.

My Wally.

Ethan you should of brought more Soda. \:D

Put in your time... and you will be rewarded...
#971 - 05/24/06 01:38 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
joe sabas the fishin magician Offline

Loc: Jupiter,Florida
WOW..what a great hurricane of a time I had meeting all of you last night ,The FOOD,the Friendship ,the Laughter,the FOOD,did I mention the Food,LOL...
Too bad I couldn't bring my boat,had some lighting issues with the van?,after the rigalia left the launch,Robert V,Bob G.the Smith Bro's,Boggie and I hung out at the Pier,fishing and talking,no bites but a great time,the wind wouldn't let up ,so we kinda packed it in early,just wanted to say Thanks Again for putting this together.and H.B. again to Zack how was the cake???? LOL

JOE SABAS
THE FISHIN MAGICIAN
Jupiter,Florida.
#972 - 05/24/06 01:41 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
ME_fisherman Offline

Loc: Derby, CT
So, who got the least amount of sleep???? I went to bed at 1:45 and got up at 5:45. Good thing I'm used to getting little sleep and then putting in a full day. Though I'm pretty tired so it's good that I'm on my feet teaching most of the day.

RuKuS . . . I saw you miss that walleye at the net and then the stomping of the feet after. \:D \:o

The two Chris's and whoever they had with them kept me laughing as well . . . thanks for the entertainment.

It was a nice trip to get out there and try a few different walleye techniques.

1) Slip Bobber, missed what I'm pretty sure was a walleye, same fight as the other.
2) Bottom rig with a egg sinker and 2 ft leader that produced my walleye and a fish on Steve's that we think was a walleye or SMB.
3) Trolling shallow 10-20 ft. No walleye, but decent action. Weird not trolling in 40-80ft like going for trout.

Here Fishy Fishy!

MY BOAT!
#973 - 05/24/06 01:42 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
TBONE Offline

Jon I'm up for Saltonstall next Tuesday.

Put in your time... and you will be rewarded...
#974 - 05/24/06 01:46 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
SteveC Offline

I can do Saltonstall too.

Steve

#975 - 05/24/06 01:55 PM Re: Official Squantz Outing Results Thread
air leak Offline

Nice job guys..alot of guys getting their first walleye.

A big thank you to Buck and Robert V. for showing us newbies the way!

I didn't fish last night, but I'll be out there soon.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Active Topics