#16841 - 10/07/04 05:05 PM Lake X Lunker
FindBass Offline

Loc: North Haven
Lake X
October 6th 2004
5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Air temp. 65-45
Water temp. 63-61

I really wanted to get out, seeing as though I have only fished twice in the last two weeks and those trips were at Congamond, which was not kind to me. I left work early for yet another long drive and arrived at lake X at 5:30pm. I began by working some withering pads which produced nothing. Next I moved out deep and tried some drop shotting for about a half hour....nothing.

Since the sun was beginning to set, I wanted to try some more pads, so I fired up the motor and headed to another area, it was a chilly drive. Worked this pad area for about 45 minutes with a buzzbait, worm and jig to no avail.

Hmm, what next, off to another spot where I decided to work a spinnerbait and a jig for a bit. I was targeting depths from say ten to four feet. A half hour or so had passed and I began thinking about the extremely high pressure and figured I may have to fish deep water or in the weeds. Not more than a minute or so after that thought....I was on, it felt like a nice fish but I had no idea how nice. This fish fell to a yo-yoing spinnerbait in about 6 feet of water. She battled fairly well and didn't show her face until she was looking into my net. Right before the landing, I had to turn the fish with concern about losing it. Needless to say, I was lucky this time, as she ever so quietly surrendered. When I had trouble lifting the net, I knew my time had come. The moment I have always waited for......this fish was over 8 and I knew it.

I took great care with this fish while I weighed, measured and took many photos. The fish cooperated without much of a struggle and was released without a scratch. I only caught two other fish, one at 3lb. 12oz. and one that went about 2lbs. on a jig. The water temp began at between 63-64 and dropped into the 61-62 degree mark at about 10:00pm. It was a chilly night but obviously well worth the uncomfortableness. I have fished this lake a bunch of times over the last five or so years and always felt like there was an 8+ in it but had no solid evidence. I finally have some proof of one. The eyes of this fish were the size of quarters!

Sorry for the undisclosed location but I have sworn my secrecy. It's not like this lake is loaded with big fish either, it's just a nice place that is usually not crowded and very peaceful. With the water temps dropping I think the next few weeks should produce some quality fish. Pick your favorite spot and fish it like you mean it because winters coming.

Good luck and Please Practice Catch & Release
Fishing Info
#16842 - 10/07/04 05:08 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
Mitch P. Offline

It's gotta be that hat! \:D

Awesome!
#16843 - 10/07/04 05:15 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
BlueFox Offline

Wow...You have had a great year Findbass...you are the man...That is an awesome fish...Christ I am jealous haha, no sir...you deserve it and many more. Beautiful job.

I understand your concern with getting the pics, and stating the girth etc..FB, but those of us who know you need nothing more than your word...

Great job FB..that is a monster!!!

And you do it everytime someone gets a good bass, you come out and top it...hahaha...NICE!!
#16844 - 10/07/04 05:18 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
Anonymous
Unregistered

What the....WOW. Now that's a heck of a lunker! Yea, I agree with Mitch...it must be the hat \:D

Well done!!!!
#16845 - 10/07/04 05:26 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
Trout killer Offline

You the man!

N.Y. Yankees " THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL 2004"
#16846 - 10/07/04 05:28 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Wholy cow!!mooooo !! You guys make me sick \:D
I have to go fishing \:o \:o I get so pumped up by this site it kills me!!!

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#16847 - 10/07/04 05:30 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
Weirdbeards Offline

Another monster. Well done.

I will not die, but awaken from the dream I've lived.

I'm back and worse than ever.
#16848 - 10/07/04 05:31 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
jonh Offline

FUBO

Nice fish, you seem to get more than your share! My god your lm look bigger than the pics I have of 48" stripers!! You gotta show me how to do that.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#16849 - 10/07/04 05:32 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
RipSomeLip Offline

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! You rock FindBass!
I wouldn't reveal the source either!!

If you cast it, they will bite.
#16850 - 10/07/04 05:33 PM Re: Lake X Lunker
Joe.G Offline

She's a beauty FB. Great job.

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Active Topics