Quote:
Originally posted by mytriton186:
$$$ from the EVIL non-residents.
1st of that is far from what we consider non-residents. I love it how alot of people get so defensive. My point was, yes we see the lake all year but I far from live in a mantion. We pay alot higher taxes by my own choice, agreed. As Chris Med said I think they should just man the ramps better and charge a yearly fee or per usage fee. As far as supporting local buisnesses, yes the deli will sell a few more sandwiches and ice so that is great for them, it's just that does nothing to help conserve the lake or generate money to help patrol it. My point is that the towns carry all that expense and if they would just charge a normal fee, like in Norwalk at the launch by fisherman's world, that would help. I never turned this into a us versus them deal so stop trying too and getting so defensive. This is a debate that comes up at least 2-3 times a year on here and it always has some good and valid points. Everyone has there own opinion but again there is no need to get so defensive. It's great that this lake does have so much access to out of towners it's just that they should regulate it better.

Are there some residents that would wnat to make it more private? Sure there is but my whole point is to generate some money to help preserve the lake and make it safer with more officers out there.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris