Ok, so you are looking out "for your interests". I guess that is fair and why we all have opinions. I fish a lot of different lakes so "my interests" are geared more towards reasonable access for everyone.
Maybe you recall my efforts regarding Lake Waramaug access at the state park and the launch issue. I spent a lot of time on that issue including interlocking with Governor Rell and Attorney General Blumenthal and I don't normally fish there. My opinion is we need to protect each other's interests.
Speaking of "interests", I find it interesting that no one involved in the issue such as the towns, the DEP, the Ad Hoc stakeholders groups etc, give anything more than lip service to the owners of the lake. When CL&P/NE Utilities owned the lake and their management was a bunch of politically correct beaurocratic functionaries who genuflected left and right to every vocal special interest group there were always these proposals on how to control the lake. Only with the FERQ relicensing did the shore line management plan require formalizing. But the owners now are a private equity company. They are strictly bottom line and don't care who they piss off. If they get sued directly that is the same as suing your neighbor, there is no transparency since in private equity there is direct ownership not some public company veil of protection. They get sued over stickers and there will either be no stickers or no one boating on that lake. Remember the 440 line. This is not some obscure concept rivaling the Black Hole Theory in understanding. The new private equity owners own to the 440 line. It is the Golden Rule; they hold the gold and they make the rules. So if they get pushed they simply say get the #### off my land. And they could get sued by anyone, maybe a bass club in NJ where they are headquartered.
People don't think through these issues. It is always what is in my best interest, screw anything else.