Originally Posted By: BigLee
Bassman
Latins was scheduled for a major renovationback in the early 90's. The funds were held in limbo by state representative Mr. Maloney. He attached the non use or freezing of the funds to a bill that was for unemployment benefit extensions.
The ramp is way to shallow, the sides drop off and the parking lot is full of ruts from erosion. It was supposed to have been widened and have a dock along side each ramp. Plus it was supposed to have handicapped access.

BigLee, my comments on Lattins were just my opinion. I also agreed, yes, it does need work. But more inportant to the topic at hand, was that Lattins is not the issue of this bill. Lattins is a separate issue that would be nice to have them address some day, but this is about a sticker and fee for it, to raise money for the CLA to increase patrols.

One thing I personally believe is wrong in this discussion is everyone has their own agenda, and thoughts of what is important or not. Lattins is an issue, but not the topic of this sticker fee.
It is a related issue though, as money could be raised at Lattins from Parking fees, but the DEP would be the benefactor of that, not the CLA, just as in the parking fee at Squantz is used.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE