Ahh, the truth comes out. This article reveals alot about the motives of the lake authority. Basically it came down to revenue collection and easing the sense that residents pay for others to enjoy something. This would be a horrible precedent reading that one of the reasons for it was surrounding towns feeling they were funding others use of the lake. Where does it end? Last I heard CLA patrols are not legally allowed to do anything other than act like mall cops and call the DEP. Putting more rent a cops on the lake is not any kind of solution. As someone here prviously mentioned there are parking restrictions that limit out of town and out of state use. Perhaps the CLA should look at itself and consider limits on dockage and slips on the lake if they are worried about traffic. They could also look into restricting boat length like some lakes do. Their sticker pay to play idea is doomed. You have a few towns vs the rest of the state. The publicity on this matter is not helping them. The DEP should also grow a pair and tel them straight up that if they want paid access then they can handle all aspects of patrolling, stocking and maintaining the lake with zero state assistance seeing as they wish to make it private by charging a rediculous fee for both yearly and one time use. That being said I personally do not have a problem with charging out of staters a fee to launch or moor their boats there.

I might be incorrect but I am never wrong!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!