Mitch, where was that from?

One thing that was either forgotten or was not pointed out in that, is that the accidents have DECREASED over the past few years down to 3 in the past two consectutive years.

To quote Jon's last post,

Quote:
If I'm part of the local "ski club" and want to get out at 6AM, no problem but, the tournament guys will have restrictions placed on them. And you can guarantee, their will be at least one and usually two radar guns pointing at the start of your event and or hiding behind an island waiting to catch those evil bass fishermen. Is this not profiling???

Not to defend that truth, but us "tournament guys" know better. You can also bet money that if we obeyed the laws better, then they will stop being out there. They are out there with radar guns then because they know that someone is going to speed, and they can write a ticket.
I say, let them be there. I'm not speeding or breaking any laws. Why should the next guy be allowed to. In other words, if you are not breaking any laws, there is no reason to worry about them being there. The will leave us alone.

Let's also start pushing our government to open up new opportunities for increasing revenues for the DEP: How about a permit or sticker for fisherman allowing access to resevoirs in other areas of the state, with boats or without. Think of the cash pile that would come in if they opened up some of them. Yes, they would also need more DEP personnel for patroling those new waters, but I have a suggestion for that too:

I mentioned somewhere in another post about this topic, and that idea is this: Let's ALL GET MORE PROACTIVE in our own misery, in otherwords, lets be cooperative in enforcing laws and regulations in our states. This kind of "Neighbor Hood Watch program has been very successful in our homes, why can't it be on our lakes? If you have 30 people out on a lake fishing it, and someone witnesses something illegal, call the police. Police respond (and it doesn't always have to be DEP, let's get regular policemen up to date on DEP laws and regulations, why do they have to spend so much time writing speeding tickets?

This idea could really work. It works in neighborhoods. It works in other states on their resevoirs. Let's do something besides close up our waters and restrict use of them.

Edited by BASSMANinCT (03/20/08 04:42 PM)

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE