ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1273997 - 12/07/10 12:24 AM It's Christmas
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
Tonight I did something I have not done in a while. I can listen to Christmas songs all year long and get Veeerrrryy sad to the point of crying over songs. Some have seen my sensitive side when I was at the benefit after katrina. I bring on a front and carry on my life as a very strong person. Overall I am just that but I have a heart many may not know. There is a soft side for sure.

One year while delivering gifts to the battered womens home in Middletown this sad woman looked at all the gifts and I asked her why she looked so sad at the truck load of gifts I just delivered. I had toys for kids, cloths for young children and adults, and food items. She told me she had a 13 year old boy that has been in trouble and was coming to visit her and she could not find anything for him in the donations. There was nothing for a child 11 - 15 in all the stuff I brought in from Old Saybrook Family Services. She wanted him to focus on sports and develop an athaletic relatoinship with his community. On the way to P&WA I called my wife and sent her shopping. The next day I showed up at the Battered Woman's home with a Basket ball and basket, a football and a baseball both hard and soft, a bat, and a fielders glove and gave it to her for her son. She cried. That was my Christmas.

Last year things were kind of tough still climbing out of the Katrina mess but we were looking forward. One night before Christmas I brought a few strings of multi colored lights across the street so the young kids could have the trailor decorated. They enjoyed looking at mine.

Tonight I went to the plumbers to pay for a plumbing problem he took care of while I was out on the water. As he and I were talking about some of our old fishing trips I noticed a woman and her 2 small grand kids pull in and looking at trees. When she went up to pay for the tree I walked up and asked if they liked the tree. The kids just looked and she asked "Is it a nice tree?" I looked at the kids and asked "Do you like it? The boy nodded his head and the girls eyes just gleamed. I pulled out $40.00 and said "It's yours! Merry Christmas!

This woman and her family and grand kids has a hard time making ends meet. They could not in any way get a live Christmas tree but were willing to suffer more just to try to show the grand kids a little of Christmas. Before I got home my wife heard about it and told them;

That is what I do. That's Me!

Do a good deed and make somebody's season better.

Life is Good!

Edited by CAPT. HOOP (12/07/10 01:28 AM)

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#1274002 - 12/07/10 12:34 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
jonh Offline

FUBO

You are a good man Hoop. Merry Christmas!

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1274004 - 12/07/10 12:40 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
Great read Hoop.

I'll bet the look in their eyes was priceless.

You and J have a very Merry Christmas. Hopefully a fantastic New Year as well, you deserve one!

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#1274006 - 12/07/10 12:48 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Very nice job Capt applause

Many people out there these days need the help they can get from others. You did a good deed Capt.

Edited by Michael-SW CT (12/07/10 12:49 AM)

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#1274027 - 12/07/10 03:56 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Climber Offline

Loc: Connecticut
That's awesome Hoop! Those are the true gifts of Christmas. Merry Christmas!
#1274035 - 12/07/10 09:55 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Mat_Machado Offline

Loc: Bridgewater CT
You are a true gentleman sir. My hat goes off to you. There are not too many nice people left in this world, but God Bless you for everything you've done for others. I wish others were like you and had the decency that you posses! Merry Christmas Capt. Hoop, to you and your family!
#1274037 - 12/07/10 10:11 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Hoop Thank You for the Happy Tears.
You are a wonderful kind hearted soul........I suspect one of Gods angels.
I was once one of those battered women in the shelter, so I understand the joy you brought to them.

God Bless You and your family, Merry Christmas.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1274041 - 12/07/10 10:22 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
FishnTechnician Offline

Thanks Hoop!

Some people have the gift to see past themselves when God puts them in a situation. That's a great example.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

...Frank...Born to Fish smile1 Forced to Work frown
#1274044 - 12/07/10 10:31 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
waynesworld Offline

Loc: Pedasi,Panama
A Christmas story that evokes what the true meaning of Christmas should be, Very touching...

"that aint bottom! you got a fish!!

http://hahaiguana.blogspot.com/

#1274052 - 12/07/10 10:58 AM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
MERRY CHRISTMAS CAPT.
#1274084 - 12/07/10 01:01 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Channel Matt Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Wethersfield
The world needs more people like you, Mr Hoop.

Win with Bling.

Contact Captain Terry Rand if you enjoy catching large fresh and saltwater fish.
http://www.ctanglingadventures.com/

CTOutfitters - all your fresh and saltwater needs
www.ct-outfitters.com
512 Silas Deane Highway
Wethersfield, Ct 06109
860 571-8986

Personal Profile http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=635140#Post635140
#1274096 - 12/07/10 01:33 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
SoundsFishy Offline

Got Milt?

Loc: Bpt CT
Merry Christmas

In Bombings, we blame the Bomber. In Drunk Driving deaths we blame the Driver. In Shootings we Blame the Gun ?? wtf
#1274121 - 12/07/10 03:06 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: SoundsFishy]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
Great job Hoop! Very Generous of you!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1274123 - 12/07/10 03:12 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Good deed, Hoop ! Merry Christmas ! We miss your lights across from Mike's house party2

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1274138 - 12/07/10 04:41 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

You are one of a kind HOOP Merry Christmas to you and your family

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1274227 - 12/07/10 09:45 PM Re: It's Christmas [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
Thanks for all the come back and kind words.

I have always reached out to others at this time of year. Paul mentioned my lights. That brought joy to many every year even though I went from the roof to the driveway riding the ladder down one night. Agile as I am I kept on trucking without a scratch. To see the people make a special trip down my road and stop was my pay. The pleasent praises were what made me do it.

When we were ruined by Katrina, CTF and others came to our assistance. Carma was here for us. Untill the day I die I will never change.

Reach out and touch someone. Your heart deserves it.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics