ctfisherman.com logo
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1443481 - 09/17/12 01:43 AM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
Had to make 3 trips to town today just because of truck issues. Had the right part but dur to lack of knowledge went back and changed it for another that did not fit. Realising my blunder I went back and got the right one. On the way up I took some interesting pictures of the conditions as they are today still.

Myrtle grove marina boat sheds took a big hit.

Things have to dry out before repair can begin.

Ones that survived were moved to undamaged pastures near by and are being cared for.

Snow melts, this don't. As it rots the smell hangs around.

Utility work still going on.

Boats On side of road and piled in debris in the medium.

many animals still getting hit. 3 cows and an elk 2 nights ago. 3 gators last night. This one was not small. Live 50-60 years, survive massive hurricanes and get killed crossing the road looking for a new home. Sad if you think about it.

Lots of cars and trucks. This one had the windshield blown out.

I know people that lived in this neighborhood. It got hit very hard. The white trailor on the left had the whole first foot of wall ripped out and everything got destroyed. The rest of the neighborhood is covered in 8-12 inches of stinking gooey mud. All the trailors and other buildings got damaged and leaked. With people not able to get back for several days the water was allowed to seep and grow mold. Severe damage to a lot of places down here. Many unlivable and totaled.

Another friends home. The water came in fast and was up to his waist before he could move his fleet of trucks up the levee in back. He lost home and trucking business.

Areas that have been cleaned up already. That green wall you see was a barrier of sand filled hesco baskets that was put there to protect this area from flooding. they never had a chance with this water. Many areas were pushed across the four lane highway and into the woods with the sand still in them.

Places that were well built and did not flood still had extensive damage.

Had a waterspout across the river this afternoon.

Ended the day with the cruise ship sailing without me again.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#1443502 - 09/17/12 06:46 AM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
MarkO Offline

Thanks for the update Capt. Did most of your friends have insurance?

Don't doubt in the dark what you learned in the light.
#1443640 - 09/17/12 03:56 PM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: MarkO]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...

Glad your domain held up good Hoop. Good quality test hurricane on the new barn/garage along with your home. Hope to see you soon! Dave say Hi too!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#1443663 - 09/17/12 04:58 PM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Glad all is well and getting better.

Hope things get back to some kind of normal soon.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1443671 - 09/17/12 05:18 PM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
cool Pics Larry!!! thanks for posting,...yal been getting the sh!t end of the stick lately.......

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1443805 - 09/18/12 12:58 AM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
Had to give a guy a ride to his boat today. It is on the side that flooded heavily and people had to be rescued. The place where 2 people did not make it. Here are a few pictures;

Have no idea where this boat came from. must have been on a trailor in somebody's yard. The house is in worse shape than the boat.

Bottom and second windows up were broken. Water was higher than that. Some more homes.

This trailor was washed from somewhere and deposited against a pole and tree and gas meeter with the porch still in tact. I found this quite interesting.

3 large trailors were washed awayand deposited in the woods.

I feel very sorry for these people, having lived through this, they are in worse shape because they have to gut, dry, rewire, reinsulate and in some cases tear it all down if it is determined to be structuraly unsound. With me there was nothing left so we had a modular brought in. In thier favor is the fact that construction people are nearby and they are able to get started right away. The homes down here after Katring had to wait over 2 years before they could undretake a project like that.

I dodged the bullet this time.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
#1443859 - 09/18/12 12:42 PM Re: Storm in the gulf *&*^%$% [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Sweetchuck Offline

Loc: Stafford Springs, CT
d your safe and doing well. Looks like a big big mess down there. Interesting is we do not here much about it up hear. Glad life is still good.

Save a tree eat a Deer!!!!!!
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics