ctfisherman.com logo
Page 7 of 28 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#917311 - 02/12/08 03:06 AM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: waterbanshee]
NOTGSXR Offline

Loc: Danbury
 Originally Posted By: waterbanshee
 Originally Posted By: CWood Man
Cwood is going to be a sad story in 10 years unless they do something.

Should have seen the lake 25 years ago. As far as I am concerned it already a sad story.

My grandparents have old video of the Danbury Town park in the 50's when they used to bring their boats here...... Big difference...... hell, the last 20 years things have changed so much.... There are so many boats out there that have no business being out there... If this minor fee of $50 per year allows us less hassles through the year to fish the best lake in the state, i'm all for it.. This is a big "IF" though.............. Who's to say the $$ will be used properly??
Fishing Info
#917320 - 02/12/08 03:42 AM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: NOTGSXR]
RonA Offline

Loc: Naugatuck
 Originally Posted By: NOTGSXR

If this minor fee of $50 per year allows us less hassles through the year to fish the best lake in the state, i'm all for it.. This is a big "IF" though.............. Who's to say the $$ will be used properly??

Yes but, less boats equals less taken in in fees and there will be people who will not pay to play.

Edited by Captain Quint (02/12/08 03:42 AM)

Ron

#917321 - 02/12/08 03:59 AM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: Crazy Ivan]
RonA Offline

Loc: Naugatuck
 Originally Posted By: Crazy Ivan
Candlewood Lake Authority proposes boat sticker fees
By Robert Miller Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 02/09/2008 05:07:47 AM EST

Currently, the five towns around the lake -- plus First Light Power Resources Inc., the hydroelectric power utility that owns the lake -- each contribute about $60,000 a year to the Candlewood Lake Authority. A good share of that money -- about $150,000 -- pays for the boat patrols that enforce safety rules on the lake.

The money would then be used to pay for the Candlewood Lake Authority boat patrols.

The towns would, in turn, see their share of contributions to the authority reduced. The sticker program would pay for the patrols, not the towns.

Marsicano said a patrol program also has to budget in the cost of buying new boats and engines, because they get plenty of wear each year. The authority finally estimated it would need about $350,000 per year to run the patrol program properly. That, in turn, led to the higher sticker fee estimates.

Ok, to run the program "properly" it would cost 350k a year to run the program, or is it 150K? Sounds like Marsicano is saying that it can be run for 150k a year but they want to spent 200K a year in new boats. They already get 360K a year from the towns and First Light. There seems to be a lot of fuzzy math in Marsicano's plan. He's talking about the lowered fee to the towns to lessen the taxpayers burden for the lake. Are the towns going to lower their mil rates or issue refunds to residents if this passes? I think not. This sounds more like a plan to simply restrict lake access.

Ron

#917356 - 02/12/08 11:06 AM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: RonA]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
Of course with less boats then you will have to raise the fees again right. Say $100, The smaller guys will just bow out and try to go somewhere else that hasn't incorporated a fee, while the 30 footers plus just pay it. A 100 dolar bill doesn't make much difference if you have a million dollar house. The Problem is not with the Fee it is with the policy. Once a precedent like this is established it will snowball and you will pay this fee for every lake you fish..

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#917376 - 02/12/08 12:08 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: BigLee]
buckcall Offline

You want to send a message as a group to the DEP telling thme we don't like it....We all have to refuse to buy a lic this and next yr. See how they like it if there not getting fed money that thay don't deserve in the 1st place. The only fresh water lic you should need to pay for is a trout lic. Thats where 90% of it goes anyway. They tell you that they study the bass (Thats BS) ,but the study they've done on Saltinstall for the last 9rs (waste of money). Shows not one thing in it!!!! Nothing

This state has to many criminals running things. I know we can come up with 6 boats to patrol the lake for 150,000 a yr. How about it guys anyone want to take a 25,000 a yr part time job running around the lake. Then the Authority can stick the other 210,000 up there a&&!!!

Free country...What joke this place no better then commies countries.

Edited by buck-call (02/12/08 12:14 PM)

If you voted for Malloy your an idoit if you voted for Obama you just an ass hole and should be striped of your citizenship!

This country has room for but one flag..The american flag..This country has room for but one language the english language.
Theodore Roosevelt
#917382 - 02/12/08 12:35 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: waterbanshee]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...

Quote:
At Friday's meeting, New Milford Mayor Patricia Murphy was skeptical of the plan, saying the boat sticker fee was a tax under another name.

New Milford has the highest permit fee to use their launch which is at $140 for a resident pass per year!!! Talk about a tax under a different name!!!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#917385 - 02/12/08 12:38 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: Greenglo Bob]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
Pat Callahan is the chairman of the Lake Authority, he is a liar and will do anything to keep Bass fisherman off of HIS lake. I had a problem with him a few years ago so I would not trust the Authority in any way. We all pay taxes to the State why should we pay more. I'm retired and fish a lot of different lakes so I don,t want to see a fee set for all of the lakes in ct. even if it means less boats on Candy. ( I live 1 mile from the Danbury Town Park ) I will absolutly write a letter and call the DEP this week.
#917411 - 02/12/08 01:57 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: tommy]
Greenglo Bob Offline

R.I.P.

Loc: New Preston
Sure was nice when Bill Richmond had his Marina and rented his rickety , leaky wooden boats! lol Spent all my spare time trolling Candlewood in those days with awesome trout fishing a mediocre boat traffic. It started getting bad in the 70's when and I finally opted to fish elsewhere and eventually Lake Ontario. Sure is a sad state of affairs these days.

He who dies with the most toys wins!!!
#917429 - 02/12/08 02:23 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: buckcall]
Pappy_7 Offline

Ol' Basser

Loc: Derby, CT
Gee whiz Dave,

"What joke this place no better then commies countries."

I don't think you'd want to relocate to North Vietnam.
#917444 - 02/12/08 03:01 PM Re: Proposed $50/boat fee on Candlewood-Sticker [Re: Pappy_7]
O-BASS Offline

no extra charges to fish. i wont pay launch fees, i wont ever buy into a saltwater liscence, and will fight this proposed B.S. as well.

you want a protected lake that noone can fish? dig one in your backyard and stock it. every time we turn around theres a new fee for old free things.
Page 7 of 28 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics