ctfisherman.com logo
Page 20 of 28 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#927586 - 03/09/08 07:58 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: csimone]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
Chris The lake can never be private that is federaly mandated.
It is one of the provisions that was made when the properties were siezed from the original homeowners..

There are only 100 boats possible from tournaments on the lake from the two public ramps. there are roughly 2000 homeowners. There are 6000 boats moored on the lake. Something is wrong with your math if you think that the overcrowing is being caused by tournament fishing. The number of tournament boats has been restricted for several years. There may be more small ones but the total participation has not been able to go up at all.

If I understand You right you are telling me that only the tournaments that you choose to fish are the ones that should be allowed. I'm a property owner With deeded rights and I would never make such a self centered statement.

Edited by BigLee (03/09/08 07:59 PM)

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
Fishing Info
#927635 - 03/09/08 10:09 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
CAJUN Offline

Why don't they put a limit on the amount of boat slips the marinas can have,and charge the water front home owners for each water craft that they have. The town I live in does'nt charge people who drive through or work here to fund the police department!The problem is not with the tournaments as Lee stated.We are only allowed 50 boats out of each of the 2 state launches so there is no way the overcrowding is from tournaments.There are more boats in one of the echo bay marinas than both of the public launches can handle.There is no good that can come from this users sticker,it will only grow to all the other lakes that the land owners think they own and control the lake.Is the DEP involved in this issue and what is their view?

Edited by CAJUN (03/09/08 10:10 PM)

Have I ever told you I hate the "CLA" !!
#927645 - 03/09/08 10:41 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: CAJUN]
CAJUN Offline

I just e mailed my state rep!! Lets not sit on this and think that someone else will stand up for us!!!!!!!!!PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR STATE REPS AND IF WE CAN ATTEND THESE MEETINGS! THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS !!LETS GET OFF OUR ASSES AND OVERWHELM THE REPS WITH E MAILS AGAINT THIS BILL.

Have I ever told you I hate the "CLA" !!
#927650 - 03/09/08 10:52 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: CAJUN]
Buck Offline

Lee, I sent you an email with my submission to the Environmental Committee at tomorrow's public hearing. Since you are going will you please submit it on my behalf. I have adressed the submission to my state representative asking her to also submit it and copy the other politicians involved. Thanks,
#927653 - 03/09/08 10:56 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
Buck Offline

Just saw the note that says you are not going so I will rely on MaryAnn Carson.
#927660 - 03/09/08 11:06 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Buck]
BigLee Offline

Scott the DEP gave out a handbill that stated they are not in favor of the propasal as it stands. They showed evidence of a continual improvement in safety with less boating accidents on Candlewood going back for several years. I will copy this tomorrow and put on the board.

THE CLA is not claiming this will reduce the number of boats they want the money to increase the number of patrol hours.

Excellent analogy on town roads. That is why you have a License and registration.

Edited by BigLee (03/09/08 11:09 PM)

#927664 - 03/09/08 11:11 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: BigLee]
BigLee Offline

Buck, I'm glad you read my post. I really wanted to go to this meeting and talk in front of the rest of the committee.

#927797 - 03/10/08 12:41 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: BigLee]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
So I have read the last few proposals and posts. Some good points. 1ST off alot of people state that it's not the tourneys on the lake causing the traffic problem but the moorings and homeowners on the lake. I see a proposal about limiting a homeowner on the lake to one vessel, be it a jet ski OR a boat. So I guess each house hold should only have one car per driver in the house hold and not a 2nd fun car to drive plus last I checked it was impossible for me to drive my lake boat and a jet ski at the same time! Some finger pointing at targeting the homeowners with the problem. I got news for you, more than 1/2 the boats moored and docked on the lake are used less than 10 times!

As a homeowner I just want to see less traffic, PERIOD! I am not saying target the tournaments but I see the permits applied for so no one can say that the numbers of tourneys are going down. Soory but I feel that out of state boaters should have to pay more at the launch, sticker, whatever. I see PA bass clubs coming to the lake with 50-60 boats. I see on the weekends out of state pleasure boats launching and staying on the lake all weekend without having to do a Boaters course or paying a dime. I feel that is the biggest problem! Make them take the course and pay a substantial launch fee, that will cut down traffic. Also I am all for limiting the huge marinas and cut off any more applied permits for moorings. Randomly checking homeoners on the lake also would help. There are a few homeowners that have 2-6 boats on there dock and are illegally charging people to keep boats there.

So a combination of limiting tourneys a bit, charging a "real" $ amount for out of state boats, make everyone take the boating course, no more permits for new docks and moorings and monitor the home owners docks. I am sick of heing there are 4000-6000 boats on the lake and on the water. These people don't use there boats 1/2 the time plus they aren't on the lake until June and off September, not like the tourneys that start on opening "trout" season until December.

So go ahead and tear this post apart. Living here I just want some restrictions. If you lived on the lake you would feel 1000% the same way!

Edited by CWood Man (03/10/08 01:01 PM)

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#927806 - 03/10/08 01:10 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: CWood Man]
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
 Quote:
So a combination of limiting tourneys a bit, charging a "real" $ amount for out of state boats, make everyone take the boating course, no more permits for new docks and moorings and monitor the home owners docks. I am sick of heing there are 4000-6000 boats on the lake and on the water. These people don't use there boats 1/2 the time plus they aren't on the lake until June and off September, not like the tourneys that start on opening "trout" season until December.

Agreed

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#927845 - 03/10/08 03:15 PM Re: Bill Has Been Raised for Candlewood Lake Boat Use Permits HB5828 [Re: Crazy Ivan]
bk Offline

Loc: Newtown
I would rather see the Bass guys all over the lake than the drunken Homeowners that think the seed limit is for everyone else but them.
Page 20 of 28 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics