My 2 cents on this stretch of river having guided a few drift boat trips through it.

This area is not suited for the in expierenced, some very large boulders hidden across the river just up from launch that eat props and will damage hulls, after that not much to worry about other than sand bars and mud shoals until you get up into Cannan just below the rt 44 bridge which brings you into more rocks.

A mile north of the rt 44 bridge if your lucky enough to navigate this far up damage free will bring you to an un passable dam most people do not even know is there.

I love fishing this stretch but have caused some damage to a fiberglass drift boat floating it,the rocks are sharp,jagged and hard to see with the poor water clarity, many rocks sit just below the waters surface waiting to puncture a hull.

If all goes well I am hoping to be floating this stretch again next season from a 16' Stealth Craft pontoon Raft with 15 hp and a good skeg/prop guard lol

There is only one full time guide I know of running this stretch of river and he runs a very nice jet sled up and down it.

Edited by MikeG (06/27/19 04:29 PM)