ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1202171 - 04/15/10 12:14 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: MOONSHINER]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Great news and efforts!!!! So for us that paid already are we screwed??????

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
Fishing Info
#1202173 - 04/15/10 12:16 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: CWood Man]
tbob55 Offline

YUP....NO REBATES FOR ICEFISHERMAN!!!

Retired=fishing, traveling, slot machines and NHRA.
#1202175 - 04/15/10 12:30 PM Re: FRe: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: CWood Man]
square pants Offline

Loc: Northeast CT
I have not read through all the posts on this subject, but I would think that an easy solution for those that paid the $40 in January (like I did) for their license is that they get a $12 break on their licenses next year. The computuer system should easily recognize when and how much you paid in 2010 for a license. And as far as these legislators slapping themselves on the back in regards to "helping out" the state's sportsmen, I for one intend to try to help all of them out in November-out of office.
#1202179 - 04/15/10 12:33 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: tbob55]
zyg Offline

Originally Posted By: jfish1981
Are the proceeds still going to the general fund? If so that's what we really need to get changed. I would gladly pay double if I knew the money was going somewhere useful.

No. Last years' debacle has been corrected.

From the summary:
The bill requires that funds accruing from any permit, tag, or stamp fees, excluding the migratory bird conservation stamp and fees paid by trappers and anglers, fund the programs and functions of the Bureau of Natural Resources within the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) according to federal regulations. It also requires the DEP to submit an annual report to the federal Fish and Wildlife Service, detailing the funds raised, expenses, and spending purposes of sportsman's fees and stamps.

Current law states that Connecticut assents to the provisions of the congressional acts entitled “Pitman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act” and “Dingell-Johnson Sport Fish Restoration Act,” which provide that no funds accruing to the state from license fees paid by fishermen or hunting licenses shall be diverted for any other purpose than the protection, propagation, preservation and investigation of fish and game and administration of the functions of the related department. The bill includes funds accruing from any permit, tag, or stamp fees, excluding the migratory bird conservation stamp and fees paid by trappers and anglers; real or personal property acquired with a license, permit, tag, and stamp fees; and interest, dividends, or other income earned from the license, permit, tag, and stamp fees. The bill requires the fees to fund the programs and functions of the Bureau of Natural Resources within DEP according to federal regulations.

The bill requires the DEP to submit, by October 1, an annual report to the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program chief, within the Fish and Wildlife Service of the federal Department of the Interior. The report must include, for the year ending June 30, the (1) total license, permit, stamp, and tag fees paid by hunters, trappers, and anglers, excluding the Connecticut Migratory Bird Stamp, and any interest, dividends, and sale or lease payments from assets purchased with license, permit, stamp, and tag revenues; (2) amounts expended on fish and wildlife programs; and (3) purposes for the spent funds. The report must also include the total expenditures amounts for (1) protection, propagation, preservation, and investigation of fish and game; (2) operation, administration, and maintenance of fish and wildlife facilities; (3) operation and administration of wildlife management areas, fish and wildlife access areas, and angler and hunter education and outreach programs; (4) restoration and enhancement of fish and wildlife habitats; and (5) administration of fish and wildlife technical assistance programs.

#1202181 - 04/15/10 12:39 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: zyg]
Waterboy Offline

Loc: Terryville
Handgun Hunting????????
#1202182 - 04/15/10 12:42 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: Waterboy]
zyg Offline

Nope, handgun deer hunting was in SB 207. That bill will go nowhere now that the fee issues were taken care of in HB 5545
#1202186 - 04/15/10 12:50 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: zyg]
shoeflinger6 Offline

Loc: Danbury,ct
GREAT NEWS,WTG to all on this site who made the effort with letters phone calls and even makeing a showing in hartford to try to get this changed

If it works don't fix it
#1202198 - 04/15/10 01:27 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: shoeflinger6]
bojango145 Offline

Loc: South Hadley MA
awesome news...thanks to all of those who made it happen. Looks like I dont have to by my out of state salt lisence from new york now.
#1202202 - 04/15/10 01:42 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: bojango145]
Mitch P. Offline

#1202207 - 04/15/10 02:01 PM Re: CT Fishing Lic. have been reduced!!! [Re: Mitch P.]
Mikeyinstfd Offline

Loc: Stratford,CT
Thanks to everybody who took an active role and thanks to the legislators. I made sure I sent all those I called and emailed a big thank you.
Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >

Active Topics