ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1251094 - 09/17/10 01:03 PM *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund ***
Mitch P. Offline

All,

At last night’s quarterly Fisheries Advisory Council (FAC) Meeting, DEP officials relayed the latest information on how to get your refund.

First the good news. You will be able to get a credit.

You must use a mail-in form or go to one of the below DEP locations
The only way to get your credit is to purchase your 2011 license using a mail-in form or in person at one of the DEP locations below. Starting on or before December 1, the 2011 licenses will be available at the DEP website and at all of the following DEP locations:
- Hartford
- Old Lyme
- Marlborough
- Harwinton
- Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area (Burlington)

The mail-in form will be also be available on the DEP website and at DEP offices on or before December 1.

There will be some type of list on the DEP website (they haven’t figured out the exact format yet) that will indicate what credit amount you qualify for that can be applied to your 2011 license purchase. Once you have the credit amount, you apply it to the 2011 fee, giving you the reduced total, and then you mail-in the form with payment.

If you go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license, you will receive your credit. No form is necessary to obtain the credit if you buy the license there. The forms will be there if you want to give them to other people to use who cannot get to one of the DEP offices.

Now the bad news …

Unfortunately, there is a no way to get your credit if you buy your 2011 license online. Again, you must use the mail-in form or go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license and get your credit.

Also, unfortunately, this mail-in method cuts the tackle shops out of the transaction. You cannot pay your fee directly to the tackle shop. However, the shops may have the mail-in forms available for you at their location (that is still TBD).

According to the official I spoke to last night, he assured me that they explored all avenues, but the mail-in form is how they must do this.

If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer. I asked a lot of questions last night. And, I may be getting some official language directly from DEP today.

*** 9/22 update ***
DEP now has information on its website here:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2690&Q=458902&depNav_GID=1511

*** 9/24 update ***
There is now an FAQ section on the DEP website regarding getting your refund:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&Q=466250&depNav_GID=1511

Also, there is a list of names of who is eligible:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/business_forms/CustomerCreditList.pdf

Link to reprint or purchase a license
https://ct.outdoorcentral.net/InternetSales/LicenseSale.aspx
Fishing Info
#1251106 - 09/17/10 01:13 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
LOL... Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.
#1251116 - 09/17/10 01:35 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Blaine]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

I have to agree with you Blaine . They figure that most of us will forfeit the money because of the inconveniens . TOTAL BS

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1251121 - 09/17/10 01:49 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: MOONSHINER]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
SINCE when did Paper vs internet make sense !!!??? wtf What a bunch of scumbags, that's EXACTLY what they're trying to do........F'm gimme some paper...................

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#1251138 - 09/17/10 02:14 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: chris med]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

In this day and age of computerization it seems mighty strange that the state doesnt have the capability or knowledge to issue credits based on the information stored in the system .

When you go to the supermarket and they swipe your customer card the info is stored , tracked , your coupons are generated based on your buying history , future inventory is planned based on demographic tastes , etc....
But the state doesnt have some computer guru who can write a program to issue refunds ?

I know some computer geeks who would be laughing so hard at this they'd be choking on their 00011100010011111's .

Only in CT......

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1251146 - 09/17/10 02:38 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: ecurB]
Mitch P. Offline

OK, just got some good news!

In addition to the mail-in form, you can also buy your 2011 license (and get your credit) in-person at one of the DEP locations listed above.

I just clarified the wording in the first post.

I'll keep updating everyone as I know more.

As of now, still no online option to get the credit.

DEP may have some official language in the coming days, but that is what I know for now.

Sincerely,

The messenger (don't shoot ) pray
#1251149 - 09/17/10 02:50 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

I just hope it doesnt turn into "Nightmare on Elm Street"..... biggrin

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1251162 - 09/17/10 03:19 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: ecurB]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

Still BS You should get the refund at the same place you got SCREWED to start with . In my case Mikes Bait and Tackle in Voluntown .

Edited by thefinaltimeout (09/17/10 03:19 PM)

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1251163 - 09/17/10 03:28 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: MOONSHINER]
Blaine Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Yep, charge the tackle shops $1800 for the privilege of selling a license and then take the means to actually pay for the equipment away... Freakin' GREAT!
#1251167 - 09/17/10 03:36 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Blaine]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
HAHAHA yeah didn't even think of that!!!!! what a bunch of geniuses!!!

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics