ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1251185 - 09/17/10 04:28 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: chris med]
Mitch P. Offline

Another detail I just added to the first post:

If you go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license, you will receive your credit. No form is necessary to obtain the credit if you buy the license there. The forms will be there if you want to give them to other people to use who cannot get to one of the DEP offices.
Fishing Info
#1251419 - 09/18/10 11:25 AM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
gboutdoors Offline

Don't Just sit there, get out!

What a clusterFK. But why on earth would I expect anything less? The DEP has lots of nice folks working there, who really do care about many issues important to sportsmen,but their ability to execute anything in a clean, sensable manner is sorely lacking.

Gary Brummett
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Highway
Wethersfield, CT 06109
860-571-8986
Gary@CT-Outfitters.com
#1251422 - 09/18/10 11:34 AM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: gboutdoors]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
And this is just fishiing licenses...... To think how our countries money is run and managed eek2
#1251426 - 09/18/10 11:38 AM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Tmack9200]
Conrad G. Offline

Loc: SOUTHINGTON
LOL Shocker deadhorse

When I come home stinking like fish, I know I`ve had a good day....
#1251441 - 09/18/10 12:44 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Conrad G.]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Ok, the nearest place I can get my credit is Old Lyme. Thats 35.5 miles from my house. Thats 71 miles round trip. My truck gets around 18 mpg. At $2.80/gal that come out to just over $11.00. How much is the credit going to be? I don't care if I wind up loosing money on the trip. I'll be Damned if I'm going to let the state keep it. banghead On top of that, I can't print out as many copies as I want/need. I like to print out copies for each tackle box. In this day and age, the thought that it can't be done on line is ridicules.

Edited by macattack678 (09/18/10 01:33 PM)

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1251467 - 09/18/10 03:50 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: macattack678]
John from Mystic Offline

Loc: Noank CT
Uh, Mac, don't forget the state tax on gasoline.
stirthepot
#1251513 - 09/18/10 09:10 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: John from Mystic]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
Mac the states going to win any way we look at.
#1251517 - 09/18/10 09:57 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Blaine]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Originally Posted By: Blaine
LOL... Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

You got that right Blaine.

That's okay...........I'll make that trip to Hartford. smile1

THANKS MITCH!

Edited by OHMYGOD (09/18/10 09:58 PM)

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1251529 - 09/18/10 10:33 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: OHMYGOD]
EnCon Police Offline

Mitch, thanks for posting.

I ran into Bill Hyatt at a meeting yesterday and he updated me on what's going on. Before that I was under the impression that it was going to be an automatic credit when you buy next year's license. (Sorry for any confusion on other posts where I indicated that it was an automatic credit on next year's license....I was misinformed).

We (DEP) do not run the website that you buy your license from. It's a vendor that handles licenses for a number of different states. When I talked to Bill about it he advised me that the vendor would charge the state a large amount of money to rewrite the program to include the credits for overpayments this year, except it would probably cost more to reprogram than the total amount of license fee credits. Obviously that's not going to work. Apparently it is easy to increase or decrease the license pricing on the computer, but not so much for the credit. So, they are cutting out the vendor for the credits and handling it in-house. That's why you have to go to one of the 5 field offices or if you prefer, you can mail the form in to get your credit.

I know, it's not perfect.....but it doesn't make any sense to pay more for the computer programming than the total amount of credit that is going to be applied.

We (DEP) did not implement the license fee increases last year. That was done by the legislature. The department had been working towards an online licensing system for a number of years and finally got it off the ground and operational....then the increases were thrown in, then they were changed.

And if you come to Harwinton (Western District HQ) to get your credit....and you see the grey Crown Vic in the driveway, stop and say Hi.
#1251534 - 09/18/10 10:51 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: EnCon Police]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Skip, I know that it is not you guys and I truley appriciate all you all do..... but it is just frustrating.... I'm in the eastern part of the state but if I ever get out there, I wouldf love to stop and say Hi.

Edited by macattack678 (09/18/10 10:53 PM)

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics