ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1279626 - 12/29/10 04:35 AM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
spikehorn Offline

Loc: Mystic, CT
I decided to use the mail in method. About 10 days after mailing I received my completed form and a sticky note stating I failed to include a firearms license needed for the other choices I made. To fix the error it said I needed to choose the firearms option and submit another check with the correct amount.

With my contact information on the form (email & phone), I wondered why I wasn't contacted so I could simply purchase the firearms license online and then they could process my request?

I called the DEP and asked the question. The person I spoke with said they didn't have time to contact people with issues and mail them back. Then why bother filling out contact info???

I checked the DEP website today and everything is all set.
Fishing Info
#1279765 - 12/29/10 07:36 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
I drove out to Old Lyme this afternoon. It was pretty painless. In and out. $32 credit towds the cost of this years licences. My one concern was if I would be able to print extra copies if I lost one or to keep in all of my tackle boxes. That is not a problem. I can log into the licencing section of the DEP's web site and print as many as I want.

Edited by macattack678 (12/31/10 10:21 AM)

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1279769 - 12/29/10 07:42 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
I photocopied 4 more, and packing " tape laminated " them just now..
I have a license in my truck, boat, wallet, home and the spare at work.

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#1279772 - 12/29/10 07:52 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Exactly Paul!

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1279777 - 12/29/10 08:20 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
ecurB Offline

Can you eat that ?

I went into Hartford today for mine , 5 minutes in and out .
People there were really nice , seems that if you tell them you know it wasnt their doing that they warm up real quick !

"Politically correct" was initially coined by Leon Trotsky to refer favorably to those whose views remained in sync with the ever-shifting Bolshevik Party line. This was important, as "not PC" people risked prison or death.
#1280549 - 01/01/11 06:31 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: ecurB]
the moose is loose Offline

Great, so if i am missing something here, the tackle shop i puchaced my licence won't give me the rebate. I have to travel whatever distance to get it.
#1280554 - 01/01/11 07:01 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

You don't have to travel. You can do it via mail.

See this page for details:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&Q=466250&depNav_GID=1511
#1280555 - 01/01/11 07:05 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
csj59 Offline

Loc: Milford, CT
I mailed mine in on Dec 3rd. Still no word from the state about how to get my 2011 license. It is so typical of the State of CT to have such a screwed up refund procedure. I doubt I will be bothered by a DEP officer if checked for my license but tomorow I start fishing with out it. Maybe I should carry the cancelled check as proof. Does anyone else have any idea when the DEP will release any info.
#1280557 - 01/01/11 07:10 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

Originally Posted By: csj59
I mailed mine in on Dec 3rd. Still no word from the state about how to get my 2011 license.

After you use the mail-in form, the state isn't going to contact you and they aren't going to mail you a new license. They make you work a bit to get the new license.

Straight from the DEP FAQ page:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&Q=466250&depNav_GID=1511

How do I get my license if I use the mail-in form?
Seven to ten business days after you mail the form and payment to DEP, the on-line sportsmen’s licensing system will be updated and you can go into the system and print your license. You can also go to any Town Clerk’s office or retail vendor and ask them to print your license.

If you have any questions, call DEP Licensing at 860-424-3105.
#1280565 - 01/01/11 07:30 PM Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** [Re: Mitch P.]
csj59 Offline

Loc: Milford, CT
Thanks Mitch. I had been on the DEP site but didnt know to click on reprint license. I was expecting a more direct link or better directions. Thanks for the help.
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics