ctfisherman.com logo
Page 7 of 25 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#658504 - 11/07/05 02:34 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Reno Offline

What a long strange trip...

Loc: Shakedown Street
 Quote:
Originally posted by Slammerblue527:
ctguy923-I have heard of 1 other caracal siting, I believe it is because someone transported these exotic cats and let them go. That's probably what you saw if it wasn't a bobcat.

Personally I don't believe that there are many cougars in CT if any at all. I have only seen 1 video taken in CT from a friend, of a cat that looks a bit like a cougar. We played it numerous times but couldn't tell, it was a distance away and the picture was kinda blurry.
Still have the tape? Maybe the DEP would like a look at it!

Tight Lines:
Scott

Harbinger of impending piscatorial doom
---------------------------------------------
WHEN THE FLOAT DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS!!!!
---------------------------------------------
"The charm of fishing is that it is the
pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-- John Buchan
-----------------------------------------------

Fishing Info
#658505 - 11/07/05 03:34 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
CatLover Offline

This message is for the EnConn officer,

If it is ever proven that there are mountain lion in CT, would they be under protection in this State?
Is it also possible that (I'm sure like many other species)there possible are animals like the mountain lion that reside here , but are being pushed out of natural habitats due to excessive development and deforestation?
If so, will there ever be a time in the near future were there are limits on how much forest land is torn down and destroyed for obnoxious housing developements?
#658506 - 11/08/05 06:34 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
EnCon Police Offline

If a mountain lion is confirmed in the state it is already protected. It is illegal to hunt mountain lions, bears, etc. (look at one of my earlier posts in this thread)

You are asking the wrong person about future development. The state is taking steps to preserve as much forest land in the state as possible, but permitting house developments into an area is a local zoning issue in each town.
#658507 - 11/08/05 06:41 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Kapt Offline

All this talk of Mountain Lions is nothing more than a smokescreen for the "Big Secret"...those dam alien bodies they keep shuffling around from secret location to secret location. \:o

I'm gonna catch Skip on a game camera with one of those "mysteriously large" garbage bags being taken out of the back of his patrol vehicle...then I will have the proof I need to go to the Enquirer and sell my story. ;\)

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#658508 - 11/08/05 06:54 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
encon police- sorry for one more additional question on this thread

lets say, hypothetically - a CT mountain lion continually visits my yard on a regular basis over some extended period of time - and we hit-it-off, become friends or "companions", so-to-speak... could I, in theory, utilize the mountain lion as an "enforcer" of some sort, in order to seek out and retrieve a stolen "piketoberfest 3rd place mug" from a certain fanatical wanna-be-pirate poacher?

if this would be considered an illegal activity- what would the penalty be, if caught? (just so I can weigh my options...)

thankyou in advance! I appreciate it !

sorry my pike advice didn't prove to be more useful- it was a tough day fishing-wise last sunday, for some reason.

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#658509 - 11/08/05 07:10 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
SEADOG2 Offline

Here is an interesting story regarding sightings in CT.My own opinion is that the individuals who are obsessed with the idea of actually having these cats in ct are the one's who's minds eye plays tricks on them when what they are actually seeing are deer,bobcat,housecats,and even coyotes.Anyway,pretty interesting story below

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14475719&BRD=2329&PAG=461&dept_id=484827&rfi=6

Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut-shot. Says, "son, make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Them mountains is for animals and savages." I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God I was right.
#658510 - 11/08/05 09:53 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
EnCon Police Offline

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! KAPT YOU FINALLY PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE...I CONFESS-!!

It's true, all of it....I am part of a big conspiracy that is responsible for moving space aliens around the country...and by the way they are not bodies, they are real and alive....the entire plan was put together by Elvis...he is still an undercover FBI agent and is responsible for coordinating alien activity here on earth.

Some of the space aliens are being disguised as mountain lions and conducting surveillance for Elvis. We KNOW there aren't any mountain lions in CT, so any reported sightings would be ignored.....

It's too bad, if it wasn't for that lousy 60 Minutes expose all those poor space aliens would still be playing Space Invaders with Elvis in Area 51. And Kapt, those aren't plastic trash bags, they are monoethylene cloaking devices.... The real people who handle the daily transportation of the aliens are disguised as trash collectors. Just look at all the things you think are trashbags in their trucks. It might look like a truck but it's actually a space alien limousine.

Kapt, I'm sorry I misled you....it must of been that bottle of red truth serum that you poured into the chili on Sunday. After I ate it I started seeing stars and feeling really strange. At one point I knew I saw Elvis because Bob G pointed him out right across the river next to the old nuke plant. But then again, Bob ate some of the chili too.... I knew that stuff was having an effect on my perception because I could swear that I saw Zach with a gallon size can of some type of German chocolate milk, at least I think that's what it was.....and his little coffee cup seemed gigantic too....
#658511 - 11/08/05 09:58 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
EnCon Police Offline

Zach - you are all set...I talked to Elvis, he has assigned two of his best undercover aliens disguised as mountain lions, to follow Kapt around. They even have their special tracking devices with antennas cleverly disguised as T-Man tubes....oops, there I go again letting another secret out of the bag, darn you Kapt and that red truth serum.
#658512 - 11/08/05 10:43 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Usually I always post a big "Thanks Encon" - for your tireless work effort and dedication to the sportsmen, and sportswomen in the great state of Connecticut.

However, this "Thanks Encon" - is just for the laugh \:D

Next time you see Elvis - tell him his order of 10" Stickbaits are ready to pick up ;\)

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#658513 - 11/08/05 10:59 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
10'' stickbaits again Jiggy....is there anything else in your life? Geeze...get off it man \:D ;\)

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
Page 7 of 25 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics