ctfisherman.com logo
Page 6 of 53 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#69157 - 05/25/04 04:17 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

No comment needed. \:D
Fishing Info
#69158 - 05/25/04 04:25 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Next...........................
#69159 - 05/25/04 04:58 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
On The Edge Offline

Loc: MA.
DonP Quote "Granted I would spend very little time pursuing this LMB since SALT IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!!!!.....but this could be interesting.....hell I've used 7#+ fish for BAIT in the salt!"

Perhaps you dont relize that catching a 7lb+ LM is not the same as catching any other kind of 7lb fish. Now i'm not Knocking your fishing skill, this is not my intension. I am sure you are a very good fisherman with some VERY respectable fish "in the boat" but Just about any body with a little fishing skill and decent tackle can land a 7 lb striper, blue etc. The challange is a 7+ LM bass. The challange is not in the fight but in locating, and getting it to take your bait. Contrary to some peoples belief it is not easy pickins. "If it was easy everybody would do it"
That is not to say they are not out there just that they do not fall for every bait put in front of them. Some people even believe that a LM bass in this area are somewhat lazy and become more of a scavenger then a hunter like younger, smaller bass. This could be one reason they are not caught very often. A bass of that size is pretty old as far as bass go and would prefer an easy "sure thing meal" over spending alot of energy searching and chasinging one. Most avid fisherman and pros only get a few 7lb+ bass in the New England area in thier lifetime.
To think you can go out with out putting much time in targeting these LUNKERS and get one when you want is just not very realilistic. If you can, i would think about going pro.
I Started bass fishing about 23 years ago and all though i am not a prow i have spent a lot of hours on the water, thousands of dollars on boats, tackle, maps, electronics etc. and only have 1 - 7lb 8oz bass to my credit and that one was just bumb luck. (caught it of my dock in the middle of the afternoon in july on a black rubber worm) that fish was getting ready to die any way. The fight lasted less then 2 mins on medinum/light tackle, and when i got to the shore it was all but dead. I tried to revive it but it just went belly up, so now it is on the wall.

I do not consider myself a great or expert fisherman, and i am sure there are alot of guys out there that have more knowledge and skill then i, but i am realilistic.

By the way my guess on the "Guess this bass's weight" was 5lb 7oz (By the way that was a nice healthy looking fish )so i am a pretty good judge of size when it comes to Bass.
You get a good sense when you have seen or caught alot of fish of a given size. And photos can be a little decieving.

Good luck anyway

Catch Um Up

John
#69160 - 05/25/04 06:07 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yada...yada...yada... :rolleyes: :p \:D

You freshwater guys give the LMB too much credit! ...I know...I know...that is freshwater blasphemy...right Mitch?!!!!!! \:\)

My boat will be getting into it's saltwater slip BY Saturday so I don't plan on hitting the unleaded water too much anytime soon in pursuit of these half dead TROPHY largemouth.....but when I do get out on the fresh I will report my results....good or bad and I will keep track of my hours spent in the pursuit just for the record.

WE'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making you guys eat crow may almost be worth missing a few days on the salt!!!!!!!!.....almost

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!! Same Bass Time Same Bass Channel!!!!!!!!!
#69161 - 05/25/04 06:30 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

After all the smack you’ve been posting about me, my girlfriend, and my beloved freshwater bass, you’re just getting your boat in the water NOW?!! You’ve got to be kidding me. You’re pathetic. Lower than pond scum.

You have no right to talk any kind of smack. I’m convinced my $50 is safe. And please, I don’t want to read the litany of excuses about why you’re just getting the boat in now, or about your Florida conquests. Just get out there in CT and have a good season Donny boy. I think you’ll get the 50-incher, but not the 7-lber.
#69162 - 05/25/04 06:51 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQByAIUad4lfmzyemQxOLPOvfauUbz!0UbjA!pxAV9vPeON5NEkhAPUU79due3TOYMyfuU!T*582HcwmuYnEr4TPO1FyDE7a*w7YvnBVmbBmqaaAHrSLwDgUpvm8oiGZ/winter%20banquet.JPG?dc=4675469284370148490[/img] even better! \:D

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#69163 - 05/25/04 06:58 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

Freshwater allegiances run deep, Donny boy.
#69164 - 05/25/04 08:31 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

Don,

The more you babble, the more I feel confident that I will win this bet. I said certified scale, I really don't trust those $29.99 pieces of junk.

By the way, my willingness to bet has NOTHING to do with your fishing skill and EVERYTHING to do with the difficulty of the task. Maybe if I put it in striper terms, you will understand what I mean:

CT trophy Striper = 40 lbs.
CT Trophy Largemouth = 6 lbs.

You have said that you will beat the trophy minimum by at least 16.6%, a tough feat on a species that you really do not focus on. In essence, a 7 lb largemouth is about as common as a 45 or 46 pound striper. If you get a 7 lb largemouth in Rogers this year, I will gladly pay the bet and congratulate you, because you will deserve it.

One Rayz Custom built smallmouth rod coming up. \:\)

Huskybass

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#69165 - 05/25/04 08:53 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 The smaller Portland quarry.
2 Waters Edge campground pond in Lebanon
3 Fitchville pond

I have seen many bass in the 8 lb range in the portland quarries b4.the water is very clear so the fish are very fussy.the smaller of the two is much better due to difficult access.

There is a pond at waters edge CG that is quite small but there is little pressure and plenty of weeds, cover ect.I have caught bass 7 + there.
I seen a guy land one about 8.

Fitchville pond has produced many large bass in the past.There is some trophy's given by the dep for bass from this pond.

There is a pond in lebanon that produced a 9 + bass recorded by the dep in 99.

I know this pond and it is private.
If you are slick enough you can fish it w/o being caught.
I have caught many 6+ out of here and seen the largest bass ever in this pond approx 10-11.

These three places have one thing on common-little fishing pressure.

WWJD ?

#69166 - 05/25/04 11:20 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

\:D Nothing like a friendly challenge to pep up this site! \:D

Mike I don't have a scale that I have sent away to be certified. I have no intentions of killing a big largemouth just to cash in on a fishing rod....although I am sure Ray makes a wicked rod.

As I said I will catch and release your sacred LMB after I take some length and girth measurements and a pic.

I fish for fun and the challenge whether it is in the species, my abilities or from fishing buddies! \:\)
Page 6 of 53 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jess Caraballo 

Active Topics