ctfisherman.com logo
Page 7 of 53 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#69167 - 05/25/04 11:44 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

Don,

I never said you had to kill the fish, just weigh it on a certified scale, then put her back in the lake, it is done all the time. There has got to be a market nearby. I'll get you a weigh in bag if you need one, it will hold the bass and water. And if one largemouth happens to be taken out of Rogers its no big deal, I personally release hundreds of bass each year, as do most other bass fishermen.

I am fishing Gardner tomorrow afternoon, if it is still "on", we will plan a trip there soon. Double or nothing on whether you get a 5 pound smallie in CT this year? \:\) \:\)

Mike

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
Fishing Info
#69168 - 05/26/04 12:14 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Joeseminole83 Offline

Loc: Willington, CT
Big largemouth are not that difficult to catch. regardless of where you are. The problem is that there's just not too many of them in CT. There's plenty of big fish around, I've seen a few at Mashapaug that went over 10 without a question. If you're talking strictly artificial thats a different story, but simple things like bass assassins make it very do-able. A big shiner will ALWAYS entice a big bass into sucking it down.
#69169 - 05/26/04 12:23 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don, I was burned by Huskybass last year on the 5lb Smallie bet, and I hate to tell you but this year is your turn!! Luckily I only bet a lure. 5lb smallies are tough!!!! The best I could come up with last season was 4-6 if I remember correctly, and that was a big fish. A 5 SM is huge, a 7 LM is a true CT trophy and a fish to be proud of...good luck in your quest!!

Enjoy that new rod Huskybass!!
#69170 - 05/26/04 11:58 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jighead:

Question for the scooba crew - Doesn't everything just look bigger through the mask?
Water does that not the mask.

I’m not happy to say that one of the gentlemen I scuba dived with a couple times took more than a closer look at a record category LMB. That is to say he nailed it with a spear gun along with a couple giant Candlewood football eating size trout. I wasn’t with him when he was doing his hunting (or he might have had an accident). But only saw these monsters before they were put on the grill. The LMB was at least 11lbs and he said it wasn’t the biggest one he saw just the one he could get closest to. The fish seem curious when you’re down there in the dark and come in close to explore you.

Are the prizes for anyone who catches a LMB over 7lbs?

Remember using bait in any fishing contest is not ethical. \:D
#69171 - 05/26/04 12:26 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
seeforellen Offline

there is a 13 pound plus in east twin ,me and my brother saw it chasing fresh stockies all around o haras dock last year while launching my boat,this was the largest bass i have ever seen.
#69172 - 05/26/04 01:04 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

In addition to the one I have already caught a few years ago at Rogers...

I had a BIGGGGGgggggggggg LMB try to fight/EAT a ~15" LMB I was reeling in on my lunch break when I was doing some env. field work up in Tolland last summer!!!!!!!!! I may have to pay that LMB another visit!!!!!!

I also had a BIGgggggggggggggg LMB attack a walleye I had on a stringer off the side of my boat as I slowly trolled over some shallow grassflats on Rogers. She most likely struck the walleye out of territorial threat.

THEY'RE OUT THERE!!!!!!!

Now stop idolizing the image and CATCH THEM DAMN THINGS GUYS!!!!!!!! (that goes for me too) \:D

I think this 7#+ challenge/prize should be to the first CTFer who accomplishes it this season.

Starting NOW!!!!!.....so GO GET'EM!!!!!!!
#69173 - 05/26/04 01:24 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

Don,

Have you ever been to a bass tourney weigh in? I have been to hundreds of them, and I can tell you from experience that a 6 or 6 1/2 pound bass is HUGE. I really think that you are underestimating how big a bass needs to be to weigh 7 pounds. For reference purposes, here is one that weighed about 5 1/2 pounds:

Here is another one that was just shy of 5 pounds:

I'm telling you that a legitimate 7 pound largemouth is HUGE.

Mike

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#69174 - 05/26/04 02:59 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
seeforellen Offline

there is plenty of them,you just got to use the right bait,more than likely it wont be an artificial lure either .a legitimate 10 pounder comes out of amos lake or is at least hooked every year.i have a reliable friend that saw one come out of there through the ice years back that was close to 12 pounds.
#69175 - 05/26/04 03:32 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lots of talk here about fish in the 10-12 range....yet no pics. Biggest fish in the pics is "only" a 6. Lets see some pics of these big boys.

This makes me think of the pics in bassmaster on the trophy page. anyone else here think that 85% of those pics are total BS? I know that it is tough to tell size from a pic, especially a low quality small pic in a magazine, but a lot of those fish dont look big enough to claim even 6.

Bill
#69176 - 05/26/04 03:39 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree Bill!

I WILL be showing pics with the tape measure alongside as well as the scale WHEN (not if) I catch THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone here can make a 12" LMB look either 6" or 16#s in a pic.........just look at Blaine, Jighead, Huskybass, (me)etc...... :p \:D \:D \:D
Page 7 of 53 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jess Caraballo 

Active Topics