Originally Posted By: thevinmanfxst
Worst case, lets say your forgot your piece of paper...Why is not just providing your conservation ID enough? (One can scribble that number on anything and keep it with you.) Can't the DEP officers verify the licence number in the field?

Along the same lines...what's the DEP's stance on:

Licence replication/alteration (ie. shrunk to fit in your wallet?)
or as Murph mentioned, digital storage? (Iphone licence, etc.)

Basically all of the above is just another way of providing one key bit of info...the conservation ID.

This is what I did - (shrunk, signed and laminated)

Would an officer have issues with shrinkage? grin

Thoughts?

Sec. 26-35. Expiration date. License not transferable. Restrictions. Wildlife management
study area. Each firearms hunting, archery hunting, trapping or sport fishing license or the
combination firearms hunting and fishing license, except licenses issued pursuant to subdivisions (7) and (10) of subsection (a) of section 26-28, shall expire December thirty-first next following the date of issue and shall not be transferable. No person shall change or alter such a license or loan to another or permit another to have or use such license issued to himself or use any license issued to another. All licenses shall be carried as designated by the commissioner at all times when such licensee is hunting, trapping or sport fishing and shall be produced for examination upon demand of any conservation officer or other employee of the department designated by the commissioner or any other officer authorized to make arrests or the owner or lessee or the agent of any owner or lessee of any land or water upon which such licensed person may be found.

P.A. 91-3 deleted provision requiring the commissioner to provide a license holder and deleted provision requiring a license holder to display the license on his outer clothing while hunting, fishing or trapping;

Digital photo of license does not meet the requirement to carry it. With the new system you can print out multiple copies and have them on your boat, in your wallet, in your tackle box, in your pocket and in your vehicle, so there really is not a reasonable excuse for not carrying it. As far as size, I fold my license to fit in my wallet.

By the way..not carrying your license is a $77 fine.

Edited by EnCon Police (05/04/10 01:07 PM)