I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I came up with this license prototype a couple of years ago with the intentions of posting it here and never got around to it. IF the licensing ever went to a drivers license format (plastic, good for multiple years), here is my idea of what it could look like..

Soon after I made this (in 2008), I printed one out and started carrying it around with me to show to people and see what they thought of it. I was actually approached by an Encon officer at Lake Wintergreen in Hamden and I pulled this out instead of my real one to see what he would say. Interestingly, he thought it was real and commented on how he hadn't seen one yet and how great the new design looked. At this point I told him it wasn't legit and I handed him my real one. The one I printed up had all of the exact information, but since he had no way of verifying the it, I could have put whatever I wanted on there. I think the system is flawed, although I don't see it changing anytime soon; I understand it's not a top priority and the people who want to cheat the system are going to cheat anyway. I'm not knocking the officers either, I'm happy every time I see them out there doing their job. I'm just posting my experience and opinion. smile1