ctfisherman.com logo
Page 15 of 43 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1005814 - 10/15/08 04:05 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: edkinct]
Inspector Gadget Offline

Loc: Columbia, CT.
Eastern shore of Md. Not far to the ocean, plenty of turkeys and deer. Best goose and duck hunting I have ever seen and a short winter but no large summer storms. Still keep my camper in Ct. for the summer months and grand kids. Little over two years to retirement.

Be a sportsman always.
Fishing Info
#1005929 - 10/15/08 09:11 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: jonh]
Garbageman Offline

Loc: CT
 Originally Posted By: jon h.
In a van, down by the river.

LOL. Nobody got the Chris Farley quote?

S. Carolina is the place to be for so many reasons.
#1006330 - 10/16/08 09:55 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: mattmann7]
Fish-head Offline

Loc: Lancaster, SC
Mattman7 is correct. I absolutely love it here in SC. Weather is great, fishing is good,(I caught a 65lb blue cat 2 weeks ago) and it really is laid back here compared to CT. I live on a dead end road with 14 houses on it. Very quiet. Just got my house tax bill for the year. $950.00 Brand new house! Back in CT was in the high $3,000's. for a 20 yr old house on a postage stamp! less than 1/4 acre. I've got 1.3 acres here.

I'm not going to say that the economy hasn't hurt down here, but housing prices are holding for now.

Anybody thinking of retiring or moving for a job, look to the Carolina's.
#1006355 - 10/16/08 10:53 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: Fish-head]
mattmann7 Offline

Loc: wethersfield ct
Bob pm sent
#1006390 - 10/17/08 12:02 AM Re: Where would you live? [Re: mattmann7]
CTAngler481 Offline

Loc: Westfield Ma
Field and Stream Best Towns to Live in

Thought for anyone who hasn't seen this, it's interesting, but only 2 towns from the Northeast??!!!
#1006405 - 10/17/08 01:21 AM Re: Where would you live? [Re: CTAngler481]
O-BASS Offline

7 months in maine. no brainer. ill take the rest in ct.

possible move this time next year to maine. 50/50
#1006411 - 10/17/08 01:53 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Reno]
Scott D Offline

Loc: East Hampton CT
Everything is relative. Move to another state,make less money and be in the same financial state as you are in CT. My advice. Make as nuch money as you can while you are here, when it comes to retirement, move south. My father moved to Maryland and lives like a king. I myself love the seasonal changes, some of the best striper fishing in the world, The canyons are a hop,skip away.Phenomenal deer hunting if you can find a good piece of private land. I can head to Boston and NYC in no time. I can deer hunt on Saturday and blackfish/stiper fish on Sunday. I can take my kids apple picking and watch them frolic in the snow. I live in a rural town but can be anywhere I need to be in an hour. There is just something about New England that keeps me here. The architecture, history, sea and people. There are pros and cons everywhere you live, but to me the pros outweigh the cons. I will live here until my children are grown and I have no other commitments. My wife and I have family all over the country, been there, done that. There's no place like home. Ct is for me until I'm ready to retire. Hopefully I will be fortunate enough to have a place in Key West and Ct. Until then its work as hard as I can to give my children opportunities that can exceed my wildest "pipe dreams" as my wife says. The grass is not always greener on the other side!!!
#1006416 - 10/17/08 02:14 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Squeegeeking]
COBRA BAIT Offline

Why is a Sad Shad Sad?

Loc: Haddam sweet Haddam
born and raised, i just love new england. i grew up on the ct river, i cant get away from it, guess i just grew up in a nice area. i hate the town i live in now. i dont pay any attention to the politics, i hear stuff but i dont act on anything, i dont vote, never have and never will. i am the majority that doesnt vote, period, naysayers can go on and on when they say one vote can make a difference, if theres a majority that doesnt vote then there wont be. sorry to go off on a tangent of that. i am a true new england yankee, like the changes of weather, the natural beauty, like the good people hate the bad. i have travelled all over but i just feel at home here.
#1006434 - 10/17/08 02:54 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Scott D]
SHELLFISH Offline

Loc: New Smyrna Beach Florida
In a few years I will retire to Florida. I already have a house there.
CT is nice and I have enjoyed growing up here but I don't like the cold of winter. I like it less with every passing year also! I don't have any winter interests and really don't want to learn any!

In Florida, just south of Daytona, there is great year round fishing in Mosquito Lagoon or shoreline.
Reds, Snook, Tarpon, Sea Trout, Flounder, Snappers, Pompano, Blues, Blue Crabs, Stone Crab, Oysters, Clams and Shrimp. Just off shore Mahi and about everything else. Year round motorcycle riding. Freshwater springs for snorkling, the ocean for scuba diving. Year round bikinis! It does get a little too humid during the summer though. Wish I could be a snowbird and return to CT for June - September.

When I do leave CT I will miss Long Island Sound. It's a great place to play!

Crabs, clams, Oysters and beer!
#1006548 - 10/17/08 02:45 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: SHELLFISH]
mermaid Offline
Corinne

Loc: Shelton, CT
All in All, i just want to be someplace where the people are always friendly, the life is laid back, you have privacy, the scenery is beautiful....New England is a beautiful place and they do have laid back locations, but I really am looking for that type of environment. I know there is no perfect place, but anyplace a little closer to my idea of an ideal location would be great......It is interesting to see what everyone's ideal place to live is.......some of you actually have me checking out some of the states you mentioned. I will be moving, it's just a matter of when and where.

Corinne
Page 15 of 43 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics