ctfisherman.com logo
Page 8 of 43 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#792482 - 03/18/07 08:55 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Joe.G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueFox:

In CT, I can't count how many times some a$$hole was riding my a$ on the highway or back road like they were trying to get to a fire... and likewise, I can't count how many times I locked up my breaks and got out to ask them what the problem was...

He's not lying. We were fishing at a lake in East Hampton and decided to go to Amos. Blue is going to follow me as he didn't know the way from A to B.

As we're traveling I see him in the rear view and suddenly he's gone...?? I pull over and wait..Still nothing. I pull a u-turn and head back down the road about one mile and there he is in the middle of the road w/ three guys scared to death and VERY apologetic. I'm like "what the he!! are you doing??? He's very calm, "just some a$$holes", lets go. I thought "WEIRDO" and kept my gun on me the rest of the night..Then kept a close eye on him until I found out he's just a big softy at heart. CT RULES. :p \:D

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

Fishing Info
#792483 - 03/18/07 10:53 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Greenglo Bob Offline

R.I.P.

Loc: New Preston
I grew up in Vt. years ago and came here for economic reasons. The cost of lving is not cheap here for sure but there is plenty of job opportunities here. Also when you shake it all out with the current weather trends we live in the most tolerable weather enviroment. We seldom have hurricanes, tornadoes or harsh winters anymore. As Mike G said , draw a 300 mile circle around us and you have a huge option of outdoor opportunity.

He who dies with the most toys wins!!!
#792484 - 03/18/07 01:21 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
2-stroke_Johnson Offline
Prior Mk-92 US Navy Firecontrolman

I'm only here because the woman I married grew up here and ain't leaving. Having lived in 4 other states, I find the people that are loyal to CT (and defend living here) were born here, never lived anywhere else and don't care to know anything else.

Just my $.02
#792485 - 03/18/07 01:26 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Ken J Offline

I lived in CT for 41 years and now live in W. MA. I stay close by because I have a son in S. Windsor. I find that there are more advantages living here than in CT. Housing prices are basically the same, but the taxes are less. My mil rate for property tax is almost half of what I was paying in Coventry. I do pay for town water and sewer. It cost less for auto insurance, taxes, registration and license. Gas is .15 to .20 cents less per gallon. My occupational license in CT is $60 per year compared to $40 every 3 years in MA. There is no closed season on trout, so we get to fish anywhere year round. Next place I move is south when it's time to retire.
#792486 - 03/20/07 02:42 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
SWMPYNKE Offline

2-stroke--Not really my business but I'd guess you must get along reallllly well with your in-laws!! Just a guess! I have lived in several other states and worked as a long distance house mover. I could point out some negative facts about other parts of our great country but I don't have any axe to grind. Just my .02 cents.
#792487 - 03/22/07 01:36 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
panman Offline

Well, I'm from GA, and have been here for about 10 years. I liked it at first. Until I had to take that 2nd job the 2nd year I was here. It has sucked every since. I have a daughter 8 yrs old. I have been staying here because according to the rankings, CT has one of the best school systems in the USA. I'm starting to change my mind on that though. I'm starting to think it's really not that much BETTER, just a lot HARDER. It's incredible the amount and difficulty level of the homework this 3rd grader brings home every night. I can see the stress levels building in her little face. And this is just the 3rd grade. I will probably be gone very soon.
#792488 - 03/22/07 01:40 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Deific Offline

Loc: Killingworth, CT
Pay is better here than in western Ma, my family is in the area
#792489 - 03/22/07 01:44 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Penfield Reef Rat Offline

Panman,
I feel for you and your daughter. In my opinion they over test and just dump too much too soon on the kids. NCLB is a complete failure. I hope you can find a good school system for her. Best of luck and I don't blame you for moving out of state.
J.
#792490 - 03/22/07 02:40 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Johnny Tep Offline

I think the schooling system here, gets you ready for the business life around here. You have to be challenged from a young age to challenge yourself in the future. You can't just go from having things being easy to real life, where most of the time, it's a struggle. So IMO, I don't think the school system is overly difficult.

#792491 - 03/22/07 02:45 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
GasCan Offline

Loc: Gales Ferry, CT
I moved here from LI to work at EB. The only reason I stay here is for my job.

Fishing is my mistress...
Page 8 of 43 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics