ctfisherman.com logo
Page 9 of 43 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#792492 - 03/22/07 02:56 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
finch9c1 Offline

My wife has those nice state benefits and a chronic illness (MS). I'd be stupid to give that up. Any move out of the state and I'd spend many thousands more per year with at issue alone. Spent 10 years in the Atlanta area and got tired of the traffic. Yes taxes are high but the schools are decent (most of them).
Fishing Info
#792493 - 03/22/07 02:56 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Anonymous
Unregistered

All the other states have restraining orders against me and CT has me under state arrest and rated as a high flight risk.
#792494 - 03/22/07 03:04 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Johnny Tep Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don P.:
All the other states have restraining orders against me and CT has me under state arrest and rated as a high flight risk.
LOL

#792495 - 03/22/07 03:31 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
wfwhite59 Offline

I grew up in Mass. Then after a tour in the Navy I went to Colorado, lived there until I got a call that my father had about a year to live, cancer. I moved the family back so that my father and my son could have time together. I moved to CT instead of Mass. because of work.

Once settled I had to let my son finish school plus my family and my wife's family are in CT and MA.

Now that the boy is off at college we are planning on leaving this taxed to death part of the world to find bluer waters.

"I fish, there for I am."
#792496 - 03/22/07 03:47 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
I ask myself that every day..................

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#792497 - 03/22/07 03:59 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
sushistix20 Offline

My extended family is in this area and I always spent the summers here. I moved alot as a kid VA, CT, and upstate NY. I finished HS in upstate NY and joined the ARMY requesting to be stationed at FT Drum where I graduated HS. When I left the ARMY I realized there are few career opportunies in northern NY and the economy is struggling up there. I was dating my now wife then and I knew I was going to move here, she decided to come with me. She was seven years into a job there and moving here meant starting from scratch for both of us.
Southeastern CT is not an easy place to start out for a young couple. We have loves and hates for this place. We are unsure when we could ever afford to buy a house here and the tourism can be a pain in the *** but we both love all the other things this area has to offer. We have found opportunities that never would have existed in NY and are slowly gaining on things after 5 years. My job allows me the option to live anywhere and my pay wold not change as I work from home. We have talked about this and decided to stay even though we could live pretty comfortibly in NY now where my inlaws are (my wife gets homesick).
Bottom line is, as tough as living here can be, I cant think of another place I would want to live, and if you want something bad enough you make it happen. Just an aside, it is a lot more manageable without children and we don't have any. We consider ourselves lucky to live in a place with so much to offer in such a close proximity and such beautiful scenery (once you get away from heavy populated areas).
#792498 - 04/03/07 11:47 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Kayaker Offline

I was borned and raised in CT but lived in Colorado, Virginia, Southern California. Although those other places were fun and good experience to live, I am glad I am back in my home state. Yes its expensive to live here but just like a prior poster said you get what you pay for. Also, since I am a huge UConn football fan, it would be very difficult for me to live anywhere else.
#792499 - 04/03/07 04:22 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
The Fish Man Offline

Loc: CT
Dusty, pretty broad statements you make there, but your perceptions are valid, perhaps even correct to a point. CT: we're an hour or two from the mountains...and hour or two from the sea...an hour or two from New York City and an hour or two from Boston, the Cape and the Islands. This is perhaps more correctly described as New England. We are professional at bitching about things. Too damned cold and snowy in the winters and too damned hot in the summers. Too damned muddy in the spring and too damned many leaves to rake in the fall. The gas prices suck,...the taxes suck, the politicians are crooked and if we did get our butts off the couch to vote, we take pride in that very act as being license to bitch about anything connnected with a governing body trying to tell us what to do, how to do it, and what it will cost us. We are not really that grumpy, conceited, or egotistical...we just can act that way...but we are New Englanders and we love it here. ;\)

Behold the fisherman. Mighty are his preparations. He arises early and full of hope. He fishes all day and returns late in the evening, smelling afoul, and the truth is not in him.
#792500 - 04/03/07 04:30 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
ahlsir2 Offline

I don't live in CT anymore. Hawaii is more pleasant, less bitching, and the weather is always the same; perfect.

behold the toroise, for he makes no progress until he sticks his neck out.
#792501 - 04/03/07 05:53 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Jack Offline

If I had some guts and knew I could actually find a job in upstate NY that paid more than minimum wage (what do they do there for work up there?) thats where you would find me. Ofcourse I would have to lose a couple teeth and give my truck a lift kit but you couldn't stop me from being on Lake Ontario every Saturday and Sunday.

Addicted to Kings!!! See you up in Lake O.

Page 9 of 43 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics