ctfisherman.com logo
Page 11 of 43 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#792513 - 04/27/07 11:54 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
CTAngler481 Offline

Loc: Westfield Ma
As soon as I am out of high school, because of taxes and the town I live in completely growing into a large town,I'll probably be moving to elsewhere in New England. I love New England, like some said, the weather is tolerable, no real severe threats we have to worry about. I don't know if I could get used to all that down south stuff, or the heat and bugs. I have a fear of bees, so the 6 months out of the year is good enough for me \:o Besides, how many brook trout are down south?!
Fishing Info
#792514 - 04/27/07 11:58 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
orviskid Offline

i like the taxes, thats why i stay.if i moved to another state, i would pass out when i got my first check.
#792515 - 04/28/07 12:10 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
steve76 Offline

Loc: Higganum
That is where my house is.......Steve

I fish, therefore I smell

Quit crying. Do something. Join the RFA www.joinrfa.org

Author: www.micahackerman.com
#792516 - 05/01/07 11:43 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Seadog1 Offline

Having been in the US Merchant Marine for over 35 years and sailed around the world 3 1/2 times, I found that living most anywhere in New England is the best.

My Reasons:
1. West Coast- (California) Too crowded,travel horrible,fires,mud slides,earth quakes,expense, and Oh! the nuts.
2.Northwest- Too much rain (They never see the sun),earth quakes.
3.Southwest- In a drought the past 13 years, running out of water.(BIG PROBLEM!)
4.Gulf Coast & Florida- One word- HURRICANES!
5.Midwest- Droughts,hail storms,thunder storms, tornadoes,dust storms,floods,high winds,etc.
6.South- Everything the Midwest gets + High Humidity (UGH! Talk about Miserable!)
7.Hawaii- Nice but very expensive.
8.Alaska- Spectacular but not sure about living there.

Ok! Why New England
1.Can get to all 5 states within a few hours driving (As long as you can stay off I-95)
2.Oldest part of the country with more history and diverse culture than any other part of the US. Plus great country fare and seafood.
3.Can live in the country yet get to all the activities in the big cities (New York/Boston)when I want.
4.Need a little European flavor-> Drive up to Montreal or Quebec.
5.Hunting-(All I want- from Deer/Pheasant/Grouse/etc.)
Fishing- (All I want- from Great Lakes/lakes and ponds/Saltwater - Coastal and Offshore)
6.Weather is, in my opinion the best.
N.E. sits east of the Applachcian Mountains and it protects us, for the most part, from extreme weather.
7.Nice to have 4 Seasons(Fall is my favorite!)
8.Can put up with 2 maybe 3 months of winter.
Heavy snows will dump on Pa. and upper N.Y. before it gets to us.
9.Rest of the year is gorgeous with only a short period of high humidity (Again UGH!) Don't have to run the AC 24/7 like they do down south
10.IT'S HOME!!!

Seadog1
#792517 - 05/01/07 07:08 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
W.G. Offline

A dear friend recently pulled up stakes and moved totally to South Carolina. Why? Much cheeper than in CT.
I have lived here all my 67 yrs. If I was single, I would be out of here.
Family is the true reason we remain in this very expensive place..
I love Connecticut and am proud this is my home where I have raised my family, earned my living, etc., etc/., etc.
However, I do not see prices going down and after only a few years of retirement am concerned I may be forced back to doing my business.
Unfortunately, this may happen, but not if I can help it.
It can't be. I was born to fish.
Tightlines all.
Good question.
WG

"We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give."
'Winston Churchill'

Dee's Bait & Tackle,
93 Clay St.,New Haven
(203)562-7025

#1005334 - 10/14/08 12:23 PM Where would you live?
mermaid Offline
Corinne

Loc: Shelton, CT
Let’s say you had no ties in CT (or whatever state you live in) and you are pretty financially stable, not a whole lot of debt, were able to sell your house (if you have one) and pick up and move someplace, where would you chose to live and why?

Corinne

For me it is Colorado. Why, because I am an avid outdoorsmen and love those areas for hiking, climbing, mountaineering, camping, fishing,shooting.......... To top it off, the people are so genuine and kind and the scenery is just unreal! There is plenty of work (doing what I do), homes are priced fairly (depending where you are looking), not much crime, no tornado's or huricanes or earthquakes...I am really thinking about moving out there....the mountains are calling!

Edited by mermaid (10/14/08 04:00 PM)
Edit Reason: Added where I want to live
#1005339 - 10/14/08 12:58 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: mermaid]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
I'd head south a little not to far, still want snow,
but I would buy a Fishing/Hunting camp, and spend the rest of my life
renting cottages/boats giving info on how and where.

I'd have a Big dinner every night for all the campers, and sharing fishing stories with all who fished that day.

God, 24/7 fishing, good people, and Good Food!!! \:\)
Now Thats Heaven!!!

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1005345 - 10/14/08 01:08 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: OHMYGOD]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
I use to be stationed in Charleston SC. It is an incredible place. The fishing is awsome. But I was single then. Hmmmmmmmm. I guess it would be Bremerton WA. The Puget Sound area is pretty awsome too.

Edited by macattack678 (10/14/08 11:44 PM)

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#1005350 - 10/14/08 01:17 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: macattack678]
Mark S. Offline

Don't think I'd leave Ct.
Pretty decent salt and fresh water fishing, ice fishing, hunt deer,turkey, pheasant,etc. Summers for the most part are nice and warm, winters you can have some decent ice and sometimes snow. Fall foliage is awesome. 2 hrs to probably 2 of the greatest cities , Manhattan and Boston. No real threat of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes.
#1005360 - 10/14/08 01:35 PM Re: Where would you live? [Re: Mark S.]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
Alaska,

need I say more, the hunting, the fishing and the house would be a log cabin style and not in a city

everything you could ever want. I do not like warm weather and it has always been a dream of mine.
Page 11 of 43 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics