Page 17 of 43 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1422545 - 06/12/12 07:35 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
crappie Offline
Don L

Loc: CT
I often ask myself that? I moved here 50 plus years ago to get away from the whacko state of Massachusetts....frying pan into the fire!

Don L

Remember who made the fish in the first place.
Fishing Info
#1422572 - 06/12/12 09:29 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
beats the heck out of me......the cost of living here is getting higher and higher, maybe 5 more years and I'm selling it all and heading North.

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#1422577 - 06/12/12 09:39 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
MOONSHINER Offline

THEFINALTIMEOUT

In less than four years I will be in Maine for good

Maine The Way Life Should Be and is going to be for me and the dogs before to long
#1422634 - 06/13/12 01:47 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: O-BASS]
striperboy Offline

Loc: Litchfield and Westbrook

Originally Posted By: O-BASS
i actually like connecticut. for my whole life until college i swore the minute i graduated id move to florida. hot humid, fishing galore, just like i like it.

then i hooked a bluefish.

oh mike.... not the bluefish.. facepalm

the reason I live in this hell hole of a state is because I love it, the fishing opportunities are endless, and for a state this size, we have some serious world class fisheries. I just hate all my elected officials(accept for one) smile1

We do not inherit the earth from our fathers, we borrow it from the unborn

sit long, talk much, laugh often

He who throws dirt looses ground

Christian Genarelli
#1422645 - 06/13/12 03:55 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Jeremiah G Offline

Adventure Kayak Fishing Dude

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
I haven't lived across the country, but I have lived in five different states and been to about 36 of the 50 states. Southeast CT I loved and still do have a fond memory of it. And, I did live in different parts of the state. However, for a guy like me trying to make something of myself, CT was not it. All my friends that I grew up with and were doing well, left. The econemy sucks and taxes, cost of living are huge. If you are financially well, or content and don't mind the winters, CT is great. Like just about everywhere, there is good and bad. Life is about finding those places where most of life is good for you. But, you will never find it unless you try.

Edited by Jeremiah G (06/13/12 03:56 AM)

WWJD ?

#1422664 - 06/13/12 09:48 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: OHMYGOD]
TommyTrebble Offline

Blu_Dragonfly's Net Boy

Loc: New Hartford, CT
Originally Posted By: OHMYGOD
beats the heck out of me......the cost of living here is getting higher and higher, maybe 5 more years and I'm selling it all and heading North.

I drive around New Haven everyday -- right now, I swear there is a construction crew of about 4 to 5 guys on EVERY street downtown, with a cop or two standing by. These guys are laughing, joking around, texting, watching the rest of crawl by in our cars, etc. If I see them working 10% of the time, I'd be surprised. I'm sick of the high taxes I pay in this state and it going for this WASTE. Between the greedy government workers and all those on entitlements, the rest of us have to pull the cart harder, and I'm to the point where I'm tired of that. Looking forward to the day I leave for good.

Better to imitate a Winner then be an Original Loser.

Team Crappieholic
#1422678 - 06/13/12 11:08 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
JSmith Offline

Loc: CT
Moved to northeast PA a couple of years ago. I thought I'd miss CT but I don't. I miss family and friends but not the obnoxiously high taxes, ridiculous traffic and inflated prices. Every places has it's pros and cons, just a matter of how you want to live.

Edited by Juice (06/13/12 11:10 AM)
#1422718 - 06/13/12 12:49 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Fuzzytrout Offline

Loc: Cape Cod!
I moved here after being in westchester for 2 years. (not far i know). before that i was out in california for 2 yrs. before that i lived in VT for 6 yrs.

Moved here cause my girlfriend got a job in greenwich, she wanted a change in careers so sure. I've been a freelance art director for a while now, it really doesn't matter where I live as long as I have an internet connection.

I am not a big fan of the cost of living and most peoples super snobbish attitude around my parts.

I do love the saltwater fishing though, so I'll put up with this place a little longer. I don't think I would want to raise a family in CT though.

"Don't kill them for ego, don't kill them because they're legal, and don't kill them for someone else." - Doc Muller

www.davidriina.com

#1422749 - 06/13/12 02:13 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Radsdog Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Greenville, SC
I finally got out of CT in April. Took me a while to sell the house but made it to Greenville, SC. Its still early in the process but I couldn't be happier with the people, the fantastic downtown area, the outdoor/fishing opportunities in the Blue Ridge area, and the taxes and cost of living are dramatically lower. As Jeremiah said "Life is about finding those places where most of life is good for you. But, you will never find it unless you try." We researched a lot of areas and settled on Greenville. I have lived all over the south in my younger days and I knew for me, when retiring, I was going back. We miss our friends and family, but are making new friends every day and will get to spend more time fishing and golfing and doing what we like.
#1422763 - 06/13/12 03:07 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Radsdog]
Mitch P. Offline

Fixed. biggrin

Originally Posted By: Radsdog
We miss our friends and family, but are making new friends every day and will get to spend more time fishing and golfing fishing and doing what we like.

Missed you in Maine. Maybe a road trip next year?
Page 17 of 43 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics