The Stren tournaments are only 3 days this year with only the top 10 fishing the third day. For the second and final day for me, I decided to start in the grass bed out in the mouth of Mattawoman. I was the first boat to arrive there and had a small keeper on my second cast. Within 5 minutes there were 3 more boats and all were catching fish. That small keeper was the last bite I got there. I fished there for 2 hours, watching the three other boats catch their limits and cull. It was frustrating to say the least. I would fish an area and not get bit and one of the other boats would follow behind me and catch a keeper. We were all throwing texas rigged senkos, but I had a watermelon one and the other guys were throwing green pumpkin. I never thought color made that much of a difference, but after experiencing a butt kicking like that, I'm a little or inclined to believe it does. I was becoming so stressed from watching the other boats catch fish that I decided to leave and fish somewhere else. I went back up to the corner in Mattawoman where I caught the 5 pounder the day before. I ended up catching 9 keepers there on a senko and Hollow belly swimbait. The problem today was that I couldn't get a big bite. I ended the day with a small limit for 10-10, just an ounce shy of my weight from the first day. Unfortunately I finished the tournament tied for 52nd which left me with no pay check; 6 ounces from a check really hurts especially when money is so tight.

I sent my deposits in for the BASS Northern Opens months ago, but as of last week I was still on the waiting list. I really hope I get into these, so I can try and qualify for the elites and the Classic. It doesn't hurt that the first one is on Champlain either. If I don't get into the Opens, my next tournament will be the 2nd Stren event on Champlain. Hopefully I can make up for my poor performance on the Potomac.

"Momma told me when I was young.... Be a simple kind of man, oh be something you love and understand" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some...." - Jason Mraz

"Give me one moment in time, when I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me" - Whitney Houston

"Im'a be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtably.
And all those who look down on me, I'm tearing down your balcony.
No if, ands, or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he..." - Eminem
www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage