First trip report of the season. Arrived behind Bart's just after 11:am, the river was clear, but higher than Snoop Dog. I had the place to myself. The wind was running down stream to Loomis, but it wasn't particularly cold. Water temp was about 45ºF, but there wasn't much current besides the wind pushing the surface water.

About 11:45 or so, a neophyte made an appearance, he introduced himself as Kieran. We were jawing as he rigged up, and the Guy in the Fish Hat, Jerry pulled up and joined us on the sidewalk. By 12:30 Ernie had joined us, and Sissy, Rick and Dylan appeared. We had a quorum, and convened the first of many sessions of the Shadaholics Unanimous meetings. There was some fishing, much talk, and no shad, or anything else for that matter.

Reports over the last week were that Dylan had hooked a couple, and Bill C had brought one to the bank, but lost it at his feet. I don't think either of them landed a shad, yet. They're starting to show up, and if it stops raining every few days and the water comes down a little, or at least gets flowing better, it shouldn't be long. I hope...

Tackle:
Rod: one-piece Ugly Stik, 4'6" U/L Pro
Reel: I retired to backup the Penn 4200SS, and sprung for a new reel, a Shimano Sahara FJ 1000. It's spooled with 15# Power Pro (Hi-Viz Yellow).

Terminal Tackle: 1 oz drail over a 3', 10# flouro leader, and willow leaf, hammered silver in yellow with black dots.

Edited by No Fish Today (03/31/24 07:58 AM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"