10.April: I skipped on out of work in Hartford a little after 4:pm, and was parking behind Bart's just before 4:30, traffic was surprisingly light! The bank was crowded, and one of the usual suspects had caught a roe before I got there. It was his first shad of the year, and she was a little girl of about 3#. A good omen. A while later Dylan landed a middlin' buck, which he released after a Kodak moment™. A few minutes later, his mother, Sissy snagged the bottom, or so she thought. The bottom decided it didn't like getting snagged, tugged back, and grudgingly came to the net, a decent buck.

Other than a single hit that didn't stick on my 2nd cast, I got the stinky kitty. skunk Ah well, it was a nice afternoon to be out, despite the overcast, and scattered showers. The water was up about 8" or so, moving pretty well, and clear. The surface temp was the same as yesterday, between 50º and 51ºF. If the rain isn't too heavy tomorrow afternoon, I'll be back for another round of casting practice. Tight lines!

Terminal Tackle: 3/4 oz drail over a 3-1/2', 10# flouro leader, and a leaf in hammered silver, pink/chartreuse, and black dot. After I lost that leaf, I shortened my leader to about 3', and tied on a hammered silver leaf, in white with silver glitter, and a red dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"