18.April: I was late getting out of work, so didn't get to Bart's until almost 5:pm. Hunter and another guy I don't know were working the bank. Hunter said he had been fishing since 1:pm, and caught 2 in the half hour before I arrived. A little while later, he C & R a very small schoolie, about this time, Dylan showed up. The river was down another couple of feet, mostly clear, and the current was very good. I didn't get a water temp, but I would be surprised if it didn't go down a few degrees with the rain, and cooler temps last night and today.

About 5:30 or so, the other fella C & R a small buck shad. And by 6:pm, I couldn't feel my thumb and trigger finger on my casting hand, and the rest of me was getting cold, so I packed it in to get home for supper. Vaughn showed up just as I was shoving off. He had tried his luck at Bissell where he prefers to fish, but the water is still too high and dirty there.

Terminal Tackle: a 1 oz drail, over a 3' leader, and a hammered silver leaf in pink/chartreuse with a red dot. I was able to work the bottom (work being the operative word), but the current was stiff enough that I could have thrown a 1-1/2 oz drail.

Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"