15.April: I pulled in behind Bart's about 4:45 pm. There were a 1/2 dozen shadaholics throwing lead and willow leaves at the river. The river had fallen about 4' from yesterday morning when I did a distant drive-by. The road was closed and blocked off, and under plenty of water. The water was clear, with not much debris in the current, such as there was of it. Not much current, sums it up. Surface water temp was up to 56º F. It was fish-able. No shad on the bank, but someone had C&R one earlier in the day.

We all took casting practice over the next hour. Practice being the operative word. The only thing we caught was the bottom. I packed it in about 5:45 when my belly was getting past grumbling for its supper. No matter, it was a beautiful afternoon to be out. So nice, air temp about 70ºF. I could get used to this...

Whether I get out tomorrow is "iffy". My MIL has a couple of afternoon appointments, so I probably won't get out. Wednesday looks good, so far. Tight lines!

Terminal Tackle: a 1 oz drail, over a 3-1/2' leader, and a hammered silver leaf in blue with a red dot, until I lost it. I finished with a hammered silver leaf in yellow/white w/silver glitter and a black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"