7.April: I pulled up behind Bart's just before 12:noon to see 5 arms in casts. The water was clear, had nice current, and had fallen about 2' over the last couple or 3 days. Dylan reported a water temp about 43ºF, which I confirmed a couple of hours later to see if it had risen a smidge with the sun beating down. It didn't. :shrug:

It didn't take me long to join them, and get into the rhythm. Casting practice was very good today. Catching, not so much. Dylan had been there since about 9:am, and nobody had hooked up, until Keegan caught a shiner--ambitious little thing! That was the only thing I saw up until I left about 3:30 pm. It was nice to be out with old friends, and catching up with a few other shadaholics who stopped by to chat, and see if it was worth the trouble of getting their tackle together. It wasn't today, perhaps tomorrow, or Tuesday when things really warm up, but it doesn't really matter. It beats sitting on the couch, or crunching a keyboard. YMMV, and invariably will...

Tackle:
Rod: one-piece Ugly Stik, 4'6" U/L Pro
Reel: I retired the Penn 4200SS, and sprung for a new reel, a Shimano Sahara FJ 1000. It's spooled with 15# Power Pro (Hi-Viz Yellow).

Terminal Tackle: 1 oz drail over a 3', 10# flouro leader, and hammered gold willow leaf in pink and white, with a black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"