Zodiac Raft Recall

BFA Marine, a brand of Zodiac International company, has identified some failures of overpressurization valves on leisure life rafts (Models: Atlantic, Pacific, Baltic and BFA/XM Offshore) manufactured between 1997-2006, it reported in a statement yesterday.

An incorrect assembly process was found to be the cause of these failures, according to the company. These BFA leisure life rafts must be immediately checked to determine the integrity of the valves, the company said. In the event both overpressurization valves of the 2 independent compartments would happen to fail simultaneously, the life raft will not function as a lifesaving device, but will instead sink.

“It is imperative that owners of the identified BFA leisure life rafts immediately return their rafts to the nearest BFA-approved service station in order for the overpressurization valves to be inspected and potentially replaced,” stated the company. “Please note that this recall for corrective action does not involve any model or type of commercial life raft.”

Additional information on this recall program is available at http://www.bfa-marine.com including the location of approved life raft service stations that will help inspect and service the rafts subject to this recall campaign.

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015