Mike V, thanks for the comment. And you're exactly right, I've never caught shad, or any fish for that matter, sitting on the couch!

Earl Bird, I think the action really is best from around Mother's Day through about Memorial Day. At least that has been my experience over the years.

Yesterday, 23.April:

Fished just upstream from the RR bridge behind Bart's. Arrived 2:30 pm, to only about 6 people scattered along the bank. The water was up a little from last trip, clear, and flowing quickly. The surface temp was 48ºF, down a couple of degrees. At least the air was warmer than my last trip.

There were never more than about 6 on the bank as people came and went in the 1.5 hours I was there. To say it was slow would be an understatement, nobody fessed up to catching anything since early morning. I only saw one shad caught, about 20 minutes before I left. The day was beautiful, and looked promising. C'est la guerre.

If it doesn't rain, after I finish work, and my chores, I hope to go out later this afternoon. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"