6:30-8:15 pm, on the dock at Rocky Hill. Only two regulars were fishing on the dock, and one was playing a shad on arrival. A beautiful day, warm and sunny, with just a slight breeze to keep it comfortable. The water was down noticeably from Friday, slack current, and remarkably no "cotton" on the water, which is unusual for this late in May. Traditionally, I quit it around Memorial Day weekend, or shortly after, when the cottonwood fluff starts clinging to the line, and clogging up the guides and spool. As Spock would opine, "Interesting".

The short of the long of it, is I got the stinky kitty. skunk Another regular C&R two, a middlin' roe and a buck. He also lost three, so they are still around, despite my lack of success.

Terminal tackle: 1.5 oz drail, over 3'-4' 8# flouro leader, and willows in hammered copper in chartreuse w/red dot, hammered silver in chartreuse, green, green/chartreuse, yellow w/red dot, yellow/green w/dot, hammered gold in red/white w/black dot.

All for naught, and not so much as a short hit if they even looked at them. I threw, and lost a lot of leaves today. The snags are more aggressive with the lower water level, and lack of current. And still, it was by far, better than sitting at home surfing the interwebs, as I am now.

Tomorrow is another day; hope springs eternal. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"