10.May: 6:15-8:15 pm, in the back of Bart's, near the RR bridge.way down low, clear, with a good current, and a surface temp of 53º F. There were only 3 others on the bank besides me, and nobody had even a hit.

On my third cast, I C & R an alewife. The other fishermen left. There was nothing for almost an hour, until I got another alewife about the time a guy and his young son showed up. About 7:15 pm, as a train passed over the bridge, I had a solid hook up. Mrs. shad put her head down, tugged, tried to run, but couldn't, so she stayed deep. Eventually I worked her close to shore and as soon as the water got skinny, she ran off a few yards of line. When I turned her to shore again, she hit the skinny water, and leapt and spun mid-air. And threw the hook back at me. She was a good looking fish, decent size, and thick. :sigh: That was all she wrote, no other fish hooked. The evening run continues to be slow, and spotty.

Terminal tackle: 1/2 oz drail, over 3' 8# flouro leader, and hammered silver in chartreuse, chartreuse/green w/black dot, orange, and pink.

11.May: 6:15-8:pm. In back of Bart's, near the RR bridge. The water was down a little from yesterday, still clear, flowing well, temp was down to 51º F. And I had the entire bank to myself. Must have been something with the weather.

Nothing, not even an alewife, until about 7-ish, just as the rain started. I was able to land this one! A decent, middlin' buck, between 2#-3#. After a Kodak™ moment, back he went to make more shad. The rain passed after about 10-15 minutes, as I waited it out in the Jeep. Then back at it.

The temp dropped with the rain, and it got breezy. I was getting too cold to continue, and nothing was biting anyway. Homeward bound by 8:pm.

Terminal tackle: similar to yesterday, with hammered silver in chartreuse, pink, and white/chartreuse w/big eye sticker.

Chartreuse was the winner tonight, and caught my vitamin shad. Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/11/20 08:57 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"