Originally Posted By: No Fish Today

Last Thursday, my leaders were breaking on the knots when I snagged bottom. I think the spool of flouro I was using has not aged well (going on it's 3rd year, P-line). I replaced it with Vanish, but bumped up to 10#. I didn't snag as much today as last Thursday, so for now I will reserve judgement, rather than spouting a half-baked opinion. I'll let time tell me if I made the right choice.

Don't know when I will get out again, it's going to depend on the weather, which looks unsettled for next week. Until then, tight lines!

George throw the old P line out to avoid the temptation to try and use it. I've experienced the same situation sometimes from line that has been sitting in the sun or has just aged at the store. If you're consistently cracking offline oh, the fluorocarbon is no good. I have dealt with this many times and although P line is an excellent choice is still susceptible to the same phenomenon. Can't figure out what does it but it certainly does get brittle in snaps often times at the reel for me.

Line is cheap, but those memories are priceless. Use the new spool.