Much as last night, I parked by the RR bridge behind Bart's at 4:15 pm, and only 3 regulars were working the bank. The water had risen another 1', and the current was ripping. I had to change to a 1 oz. weight it was so fast. It was a little turbid, but not too bad, and not much debris floating by, the water temp was a hair below 50ºF.

One of the regulars had C&R 3 shad before I got there. Shortly after I put my arm in a cast, he hooked a nice fat, if small roe, ~3#. He let her go after a Kodak Moment™. A few more joined us, and one of the recent arrivals, who like me has been on a losing streak, finally hooked up, and C&R a nice shad, I think it was a buck. I fished almost 2 hours before hunger induced me to head for home. No fish today, this is discouraging.

Ah well, I can't catch them sitting at home wishing, so I will be back again tomorrow and Friday after work. And if the water comes down, or reports confirm they are catching shad, by Saturday or Sunday I hope to hit the Wall. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"