I went down to the Bissell by 4:15 pm, finding one lone fisherman on the bank who said he had C&R a couple of roes before I arrived. He wanted bucks for the smoker. Another regular showed up as I was rigging up. The river was at about the same level as yesterday, the water was a little clearer, and the current a little more robust, but I still didn't need more than 3/4 oz of weight to hold the bottom. The biggest issue was the wind gusts, it was cold. At least the wind was out of the W to NW, blowing down the ramp from behind us. With a good gust (35-40 mph), we could get almost an extra 10 yds distance on the cast.

About 4:45 pm, the first guy caught a middling buck for his smoker, and a few other regulars showed up shortly after that to make an even half dozen. Not much happened until about 5:30 pm, when one of my compatriots of Shad Nation hooked up, and he C&R a small roe. Within minutes, a young shadaholic hooked up, and another small roe was C&R after a Kodak Moment™. Then a different young shadaholic was hit hard on a long cast, and hooked up for a strong fight in the current. After a few short runs, and almost 3 minutes, he got a middling roe to the net for a release. I hooked up right after the release, and netted a small roe, and after a Kodak Moment™ she was released, too. There was a lull in the action for a while, but by 6:pm another small roe was C&R. By 6:10 I was cold and hungry, and packed it in. Before I left, I noticed everybody else packing up, and heading home, too. Yeah, it was cold.

Today was a good day! Tomorrow I think I'll hit the Wall again. It can get crowded on the ramp, more so than at Bart's. And I lose more tackle at Bissell than anywhere else. Tight lines!

Oh yeah, my winning leaf today was hammered silver, in white with 4 red spots. I also saw shad caught on pink w/black dot, and chartreuse w/red or orange dot. Pretty much anything bright and flashy. YMMV, and invariably will...

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"