I found mountainlion tracks many years ago in Vermont but it took me many years before i finally seen one. They are very elusive and the odds of us just walking looking for one are slim but you never know. One night near my camp my headlites caught this big cat about 6' long(body) with a 4' large tail going into the high grass and i was lucky enough to have my wife and son with me who also seen it. Here in Ct. my son and daughter live near Blackrock state park.(condo's) First my son first spotted large cat tracks in the snow while walking the dog. Then wife was walking my dog in the woods near there and they spotted a large cat laying on the ground that was busy with something it had on the ground. They backed out of there very quietly. She said it looked like the one in Vermont. Here's a hint there has been small pets missing in the condo's. My daughter has a 22lb cat that afraid to go outside because something scared it when it did go outside. I thought it was a bobcat until my son seen the large cat tracks. We had a northeast mountainlion reporting site on the net and before it closed because of hecklers we had many sightings reported but wether they were true or not I'm not sure but they varied from Newtown to Falls Village and the most recent reports were from the New Milford area. And there were some reports of sightings from the Windsor area too. Its too bad the reporting site closed because it maybe could of saved someones life if there was many sightings in one area it could of been investigated and reported to a local news paper if it was confirmed. I have seen everything in Ct. so far but mountainlions but my wife and son have seen them and i believe them. This is nothing to joke about or play with these are big predators. I wouldn't go walking in the woods with the family alone without the family dog and keep the kids close to you stay together don't let the kids wander off. Your dog will let you know when something is wrong at the first sign of danger.