I am here to first ask a question and next make a statement. First how would someone go about gettting into DEP ? Second with reguards to this mountain lion thing lets take a real good look at the facts, lets first look at the home ranges for female and male lions:
Female lions:(205.9 kmĀ²)
Male lions: (348.6 kmĀ²)

So here we have a large home range with a size like this someone would have had to seen something scat, tracks or a dead lion. Now even if it was a female with its smaller range there would still have to be some type of signs, Now here is a link to what the tracks look like
http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

Now finally "What if it is just one lion ?" Well that is possible right now I am doing a Independent population review of Black Bears in Palmer, Ma I am also doing the same for Mountain Lions in Western, Ma, it isnt anything big it is a project that I just desided to do by myself (I would love help from DEP.). Now if it is a lone lion, the most common question would be where did it come from ? Right now I have two theories, one is the Catskill way that it came thru the NY moutnains and made its way to CT. The other and a little more far featched, however theres a little more evidence to support this way then the other way. first the lion came from maine down thru NH into vermont staying with the deer population which if you hunt you know is great in those parts. Now where NH and VT boarder MA (montgue) the deer population is huge from there the likely route would be to Quabbin where yes they found scat and tracks of Puma. From Quabbin to the CT state line it is a mear 30 miles. Now as far fetched as that may seem it is likely, I have not seen any photos of puma in MA or CT and i can not wait until we do I would love to be the first to get that shoot. I do agree with Encon until a pic is shown do not believe it.

Callsign Omega