Thank you Tim for the response.

I can kinda of understand the rational of high water temps and higher mortality rates.

I consider myself an avid summer angler on Higland and East Twin. I am also 100% catch and relase when it comes to brown trout. All of last summerbetween myself and the guys I fish with we probably seen less than 5 browns we released to be questionable if they would make it or not ,I think only two actually died and where un revivable.Now this is 2 out of more than a thousand or so trout(read the reports here from last season) I understand not all anglers are C+R. I know only one person who likes to keep every trout he cathces within the regs, and this is a BIG problem because this guy is good and gets some big trout every week,even some double digit trout ,and he keeps them all,he also puts in serious time fishing 4-5 days a week.

Sooooo...............

Maybe you could reduce creels limits or make these lakes catch and release only for Brown trout year round . Stock a few more rainbows for the meat hunters to keep. These lakes have plenty of other great species to fish for besides trout,so this would not be a problem.

The biggest problem I see is the trout get fished out really hard in the fall, they are easy targets all schooled up at the tribs on these lakes. I know Highland has people lined up every night in the fall at the fish ladder on Sucker Brook Cove because of all the trout and how easy they are to catch.These trout do not stand a chance against all the un educated anglers lining the banks in these areas. Maybe it is time for some regs restricting how close you can fish to a tributary or fish ladder during the spawn Sept -Jan ? This would greatly help the fishery and actually give more Browns a shot at spawning.

another question that needs an answer is : On East Twin and Highland chemical weed eradication has taken place over the last several years. It is also about the time we started seeing fewer big trout on these lakes, could this in anyway be part of the problem of less big trout ? I know from expierance since the chemicals where put into these lakes they have become harder to fish because they now lack sufficent cover for all species of fish to relate to.

and the more I think about the proposed changes the more split I become on if I am for or against them.
I do not keep brown trout so the regs will really not affect me in one way or the other,never liked lead core and can do with out a down rigger if need be.

I am adimant however that the trout season should be limited during the spawn when the browns are schooled up shallow near the feeder streams and creeks! (sort of like the regs on the Housatonic in the summer "No fishing withing 100 yards brooks or streams feeding into the Housatonic during the summer months )

I am also curious as to why these three lakes where selceted for closure during the summer when many others also could fit the critera(West Hill,Candlewood,Lakeville,Squantz I am sure theres a few more).

Please keep us posted as to when the hearings on these proposed changes are to take place.

I know I am not a bioligist but I have plenty of years on the water expierance at Highland and East Twin .I hope my 2 cents on subject is worth something .......