tim i agree on the decline of fish in twin,its not what it was 5 years ago.i have to say i see a lot of fish killed by the part timers who rent boats from ohares and go out with a full pail of shiners to anchor or drift and start the blood bath.99% of every trout ive picked up dead there has a snelled size 4-6 eagle claw hanging out of its mouth,never mind every 10-15th one i catch thats still alive with a hook in it.i guess that on average theres well over a thousand fish that are taken on my boat a year and my honest opinion on mortality during the summer is 2% using artificial lures ,and this is on the high side.i know live bait fisherman are around 30% or better,its all i used to do so its not a guess.mortality is worse with shiners than meal worms or garden worms too.closing the season will help to an extent but i belive artificial lures would be a much better rule.as for highland wich is a different circumstance the breeding fish need protection if the fishing pressure is that bad,as you know the larger fish wich are the spawners are always the first to be kept.