First, the people that live/visit this lakes in the summer are mostly out of staters and they don't pay to stock the lake anyways so the fishing question is moot. Ice fishing in a lake that has a chance for trophy size fish where there is more potential for release is damaging the colder the outside temp and wind is. The handling of the fish is the key. In the summer is where the problem lies for the most part. Warm water, light line means playing for to long, heavy line and horseing the fish in causes more problems. There isn't any easy solution to solving the problem. I haven't fished E. Twin in sometime but I NEVER saw people catch that many fish when I was there, sometimes 2-3 times a wk. Yes I have caught big fish there and spent the time making sure I never had floaters even in the summer. I guess you could catch 4500 fish, fishing for 30 weeks, every day putting 150 fish in the boat. That's only 50 fish per person. :rolleyes: I have 2 digital Cannon's, a depth temp and speed control, DF fishfinder that can pick out a shiner swimming in 60 ft. of water if anchored, it would be hard to find and catch that many Perch. If you fish with only LG bait/lures you will have a better chance of only LG fish caught. I fish LG baits for Trout in trophy lakes, catch fewer small fish. There isn't any easy answer, find other lakes??? change your summer fishing habits, always nice to catch a trophy but at what expense. The State did a study I was part of with circle hooks, other hooks , different sizes, power bait verses worms, and the end result was the mortality wasn't enough to even worry about. Water temp./depth WILL make a difference for sure along with many other factors already mentioned. If your looking for a trophy then don't look for numbers, change your style. Have I caught trout over 5lbs?yes 6,yes 7,yes 10,only twice. 15 was the biggest. So I'm not blowing smoke. I know Tim B. is a knowledgeable person, dedicated to the Ct. fisheries from what I have seen and heard.

Bob S.
MUSKY, EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST BAIT.~~~~>"{{{}}}<(