First of all where are they getting these "mortality" figures??
4500 trout by one group of anglers??? where would they get that information??
Gee, I wonder.... I find it a bit strange that this closure is exclusive to
Highland and East Twin Lake. ???
why not Lakeville,Candlewood?,Squantz,West Hill?
Why not make Twin/highland Catch and release for browns and stock more rainbows to compensate?What about barbless hooks??? LIKE A TMA!! BUT A LAKE GEE THERES A CONCEPT!!!!
It's funny what sharing information can do. Sometimes you put your foot in your mouth.
Time for me to zip my lips on my fishing exploits. one of the most damaging things to our lakes fisheries have been the internet. more people fishing for less fish. Its not hard to figure out. many places have been exploited.
any many lakes and rivers have NEW anglers flocking there waters.. Why?? ;\)

its funny that since the Chemical applications to the lakes in question took a dive
in Large Trout populations!! imagine that!!! Take away habitat, take away forage and so on.

Twin already closes in march(and longer Depending on ice ) So now you have a trophy lake you can't fish for 1/4 of the year. WHY EVEN HAVE IT!! what about those who live on these lakes??

I put alot of time in on Highland/twin/west hill last few summers and I can honestly say I can only remember a 2 trout that actually died at highland. and I dont remember any at twin . maybe a few wer slow to go. out of a 1000 or so trout 2 rainbows were killed . and thats all.

how come you aren't concerned with West Hill??
There are trout blood baths there EVERYNIGHT of the summer.. Why is this ok?? and not the other lakes???

Quote:
Yes ,people can still "cheat" if they want to try and get away with something but at least it would make some of the more effective summer techniques very obvious. There will be public hearings scheduled on all of this and we encourage everyone to participate and express your support or reasons why you would be opposed. In all honesty, I know this is a very big sacrifice on many of you die-hard trout anglers, but I honestly believe it will improve fishing for hold-over brown trout, in these locations, for everyone.
SO WHAT IS CHEATING?? going fishing??? Trying to actaully catch a few fish??
using a worm and hook?? Whats next??? No fishing with hooks?? Can i go out fishing without someone TELLING ME WHAT I"M TARGETTING?? Whats next No bait fishing?? ,Ban of split shots?? where do you draw the line??

What about the states anglers who have time and money invested in perferred angling pursuits??
What about the guy who doesn't do much bass Fishing? you just took away 1/4 of his season?

I'll just "find" better places to fish ;\)

It just seems whenever a few people have to much success someone has to stop it.
There are still big trout in twin lakes.

I'm all for trying to recover some trophy fisheries . I just think punishing anglers is wrong . and there has to be way to let CT anglers get there Moneys worth.

What am i buying a license for?? This is getting out of hand. I have way to much to say about this.

If such a hearing takes place, I would like to attend as would a few of my friends.

Mike
><>

fishing is like life.. you learn as you go.and I can't stop learning

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.- Steven Wright

" they've hit that before, they'll hit it again!! leave it out there TILL they hit it!~"